Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just realized I have one Hail of a week ahead of me!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

Weeeell, I have to clean up my house for company (involves much deeper cleaning than normal), make my neighbor's birthday cake (3 tiers, fondant, blahblahblah), make dinner for my son's father's family that we are meeting for the first time, then on August 2nd, we have a court date to finalize child support.
The party is Saturday, so is the "family" dinner so I'm going to be putting together an intricate cake and cooking dinner all day. It's not impossible and I'm not freaking out, but jeez!!

I'm normally soooo freaking bored then everything pops up at once! Then the next week I have to get my daughter a shot and register her for school...no big deal but I may just want to sleep for a month after this week!

So the cake: It's two tiers of cake, the top tier being rice krispie treat for moldability. It's a "Funhouse" theme in honor of P!nk....my neighbor is turning 12, but this sounds like fun! I volunteered to do it so I can't complain too much and I told her she gets to help me make the fondant because I hate the premade stuff.

The bottom layer will have diamond shapes, middle will be stripes, top will be a big top tent. It's going to be a "topsy turvy" kind of cake... Something like this but with a tent on top. (I didn't make this cake, just using it to show what I plan on doing.)

Alice In Wonderland Cheshire Cat Wedding Cake

जय गुरु देव ॐ
 स्वप्नान्द्रष्टुमुत्सहस्व

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Sounds like a busy week - good luck!

lilywitch
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Thank you! I'm going to need it! When you play mom to all the kids in the neighborhood, things get busy at times!

lilywitch
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I forgot to mention I've been in a deep depression for a couple of months now, I hope this can help me come out of it.

Just_Bethy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:34 PM

You know tonight is Esbat...Take time out and do a Ritual...Now would be a great time to ask for Focus and Clarity and Wisdom!!!... Enjoy your week and breathe...and that cake looks INCREDIBLE!!!!

Love and Light Sister Witch x

Blessed Lammas

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

lilywitch
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Ya know, I didn't even realize that! That's a testament to how bad it's been for me lately! I do have to clean the house once the hubs is out of bed, maybe I'll do some baking with the kids and just let the whole house smell like cookies or something! That always makes me feel better! Then I can take the kids outside and show them the Moon and we can start talking about those things. I haven't educated them on stuff like that because I was waiting until they were old enough to understand better.

Thank you for the reminder, sister!

roseberrymatrix
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:27 AM

YOU COULD SEXT ME <3

lilywitch
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Well, day one of the week has started crappily. I didn't go to sleep until after 6:30, then woke up at 12 with awful body aches. Waiting for the advil to kick in and then off to the grind!!

I told my neighbor that she gets to help me with her cake! It may only cost $50 for the ingredients, but it's going to be at least a $500 cake....she's not above helping me make some fondant. She's not really happy because she wants to go hang out with her "boyfriend"......sigh.....bf at 11 years old. I feel the need to invest in a shotgun, but everyone else seems to think I'm scary enough on my own. I do have my sword...that may be a little more intimidating!

mommaboudreaux
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Wow, good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)