Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you ever?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:34 PM
  • 16 Replies
Do you ever just want to take a day off from being a mom? Just a day to do what you want to do without having to worry about taking care of the child(ren). I have bipolar, today I'm just in a mood, and want a day off, but it's not possible. I'm a single mother, dd's father is in Iraq so spending the day with him isn't an option. None of my family is around because my mom died and my sisters live out of state. I've called the people that have told me to call if I need help or a break and they're all busy. So here I sit nursing dd, and knowing that I need a break for a bit, but it's not going to happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM

All the time. I love my girls, but I sometimes very much want a break.
hugs

poshkat
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:44 PM

sometimes yet. i have bi-polar too and sometimes he is too much and i need to de-stress. lucliky my husband comes home and i get a break but of course its not a whole day, just a few hours. i hope you can find someone to watch her for a few hours so you can get a break.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Have you talked to your doctor?
I never feel like this.

snugglesaurus
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Yes!
Some days I am so exhausted and stressed out and I just don't want to do the mom thing that day. I just want to sleep past 6am, uninterrupted. I don't want to hear the screaming, crying, whining... I just want a little break sometimes.

MamaPeanut
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I do, and I get to.  My dh is great and I get time with my friends or to myself whenever I need it. 

A day of shopping, out to eat w/ friends, movies, spa, etc. 

De_Chick
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I have three children who are older so I don't always worry about them every single day.

AmeyX2KidZ

I am depressive bipolar and to be honest, when I shift, my kids are what I need to pull me through.

KrystalY

Quoting snugglesaurus:

Yes!
Some days I am so exhausted and stressed out and I just don't want to do the mom thing that day. I just want to sleep past 6am, uninterrupted. I don't want to hear the screaming, crying, whining... I just want a little break sometimes.

butterflyCafeMom Tickers

gettin2serious
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Same here.  If I just say - 'honey, I need a break.  I'll be in my room all day with a good book." - he's OK with that, and spends the whole day with the 3 kids only interrupting me to bring me breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  :) 

I'm sorry you're having a rough time :(

Quoting MamaPeanut:

I do, and I get to.  My dh is great and I get time with my friends or to myself whenever I need it. 

A day of shopping, out to eat w/ friends, movies, spa, etc. 

deliela
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:54 PM
Im a single mom and feel the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)