Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why cant things just work out like we are supposed to? ugh

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

Dh and I were living with some friends of ours, things weren't going well so we told them that they needed to leave. Dh was making enough money to support us and pay the bills with no problem.

Our friends moved out on the 22nd and we were so happy to have our own place and for ds to get his own room. Well, in the couple of says since they have been gone we decorated ds room, bought new furniture, decorated the house... We did everything! It felt lime home.

Dh got a phone call from his job this morning at about 7 (he was supposed to go in at 8:30) telling him that the company is under a huge downfall and that they were laying off 13 people..... And dh was one of them.

He lost his retirement, 401k and a few other things he had last year when the economy went down. They aren't giving him any type of severance package and they laid off all of those people effective today.

I don't know what we are going to do. We are going to have to leave our apartment and move in with family. No one around here is hiring (I've been looking for a job for several months). We spoke to our landlord and she agreed to take a half payment for Augusts rent but we have to be out by the 15th unless we can come up with the rest of the money.

We both planned on going back to school and getting our lives straightened out and now everything is at a stand still. To make matters worse we have been ttc So there is a good chance that I'm pregnant (it would be to early to test).

I just want to scream and cry and break things. I have no idea what to do.

Any tips on places that are hiring in the Orlando area would be great..... Or any other legal ways to make money.

I'm So stressed, things were looking up for us and now this happens.

(excuse any typos, I'm on mobile)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
klynn80
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:02 PM
I'm so sorry! I don't know anything about the Orlando area. Good luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joeysmom6
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:03 PM
Thanks.

Quoting klynn80:

I'm so sorry! I don't know anything about the Orlando area. Good luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylenkodysmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:07 PM
Oh momma. I'm so sorry. I'm not in the Orlando area, but I know exactly how you feel. Here us a BUMP for you. I hope things work out for you and your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liz.1986
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Im so sorry! That really sucks that things were looking so great for yall then things went so down hill so soon.  ((hugs, mama))

Joeysmom6
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM
Thanks for the bumps and warm wishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:12 PM

unemployment ??? pa?? i would get all the help i could ..good luck ..

Luv_my_hubby
by Nikki on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:13 PM

BUMP!

Joeysmom6
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:16 PM
He's going to go to unemployment tomorrow... I hope he gets it.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

unemployment ??? pa?? i would get all the help i could ..good luck ..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda120486
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:32 PM

sorry ur going threw that. but that EXACT same thing happened to me.. except he didnt get let go he got part time.. we had to move back in with his mom and im 9 months pregnant with my first baby. i had decorated the room and everything.. it tottally bummed me out bc i thought we had it and then bam..  but feel like u have family u can move in with bc some dont.

Joeysmom6
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:35 PM
I know. I do feel very lucky that we have family to move in with, like you said, a lot of people don't. I'm just so bummed.

Quoting Amanda120486:

sorry ur going threw that. but that EXACT same thing happened to me.. except he didnt get let go he got part time.. we had to move back in with his mom and im 9 months pregnant with my first baby. i had decorated the room and everything.. it tottally bummed me out bc i thought we had it and then bam..  but feel like u have family u can move in with bc some dont.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)