Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Isn't that the point?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:33 PM
  • 226 Replies

I guess this is a spin-off of sorts, because I have been told twice today (in a bitchy way, btw) that I share too much on here.

I joined Cafemom 3 years ago.. to make friends, and get and give advice. Isn't that what we are all here for? Isn't it GOOD that some people share their lives?? Sure I share a LOT, but that's my choice. Just as it's yours to read about me (and others).

Isn't the point of this site for moms to join, talk about themselves.. their families.. learn about each other... etc?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.rachel
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:36 PM

BUMP!

rockinmomnwife
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM

It is the internet... the only information that would be too much is your kids full names, birthdays, where you live, etc.
You are right, that is the point of this site!

Aichia
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:38 PM
lol isn't this the myspace for moms?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gludwig2000
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:38 PM
You would think that is the point, but too many people seem to think that this is the best place to make themselves feel better by making others feel bad.
Radarma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:41 PM

You keep right on sharing, dammit.

This has always been a bone of contention for me as well.

In all actuality, that "sharing"...or that glimpse into another's life/journey IS THE DRAW for a venue such as this.

The "sharing" IS the meat, imho. So with that in mind, you are one of my favorite "cuts" and I would be quite perturbed if you ever became demure or soft spoken.

Radarma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Quoting gludwig2000:

You would think that is the point, but too many people seem to think that this is the best place to make themselves feel better by making others feel bad.

shouting
Dar shouts "hi!"

KellyMarie105
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:42 PM

It's up to you how much you want to share or don't want to share. The people who are bitching at you just want something to bitch about. Fck em. :)

mamacita4two
Yep,exspecially because I don't have anywere else to vent and share my problems
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ready_for2

i dont care what people talk about on here. everyone has different reasons for joining. i say if someone doesnt want to read it then they should just skip your posts!

BaisMom

I thought it was a social networking site, not a diary. I didn't realize that you were supposed to tell EVERYONE about EVERYTHING, maybe just find a few friends to connect with, enjoy the discussion and drama, and that's it. I think there's something fishy about people who share a lot online on sites like this.

How it REALLY ended.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)