Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im 6 wks late.....

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

But testing negative!

Been off birth controll a few months,I was guessing it was my body adjusting to not being on that (nuva ring) but Ive been pretty normal the past two months...

Not ttc,using precautions but um....WTH?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:33 PM

You can be up to 3mos late w/o a period and not be pregnant and that's considered "normal" even if it isn't normal for you. If you're concerned that you might be pregnant even though you're testing negative, see your doc.

puppyraiser8
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:35 PM

I missed a cycle when coming off BC...can be normal. But your doc can do  a blood test....

KellyMarie105
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Oh hell. Nuvaring screwed me up for over a year. I was so close to suing that company. My cycles are still not right but I'm getting better. When people say they want the ring I I tell them NO WAY. I don't know what it was about that bc but so many people I know who were on it had loads of problems later. 

Chrystal_A
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Thanks for your reply,now that I recall when i ended nuva ring to ttc my 2nd born it was screwy then too,too bad my hubby isnt reassured lol.

Quoting KellyMarie105:

Oh hell. Nuvaring screwed me up for over a year. I was so close to suing that company. My cycles are still not right but I'm getting better. When people say they want the ring I I tell them NO WAY. I don't know what it was about that bc but so many people I know who were on it had loads of problems later. 

Chrystal_A
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:01 PM

BUMP!

crazymama2kids
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:06 PM
it's happened to me too but I have messed p cycles from endo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofone221
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Same thing happened to my sister. She got off the BC and all of a sudden her period vanished for 3 months. It messes with your hormones.

Angels_and_Faeries BlinkiesFree Smileys Free Avatars Parenting Free Icons Free Smileys Free Avatars ISO 9001 Training

Ashlynnsmom0910
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:10 PM

I didn't have my period for 6 months one time and wasn't pregnant. Went to the doctor and he said "You know you don't HAVE to have a period"... They put me on progesterone for a week and I started and was normal after that... till I did get pregnant! LOL

Chrystal_A
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:22 PM

ty guys,im fine w/o a period I dont miss it,just kinda freaks one out lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)