Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick Pregnancy Advice

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm 33 weeks and dilated to 2 cm. and 90% effaced. Last night I lost my mucus plug. I know that you can go weeks without the plug so that's not usually an issue. I called the Dr. and they said to just stay in bed until I can be examined on Monday or to come in if my water breaks or contractions begin. Well now I'm having period like cramps. I wouldn't call them contractions because they are definitely NOT like labor contractions. They are just uncomfortable cramps that wrap from my back around my front. I can't time them because it's more of a constant ache then individual pains. 

I don't want to go into the hospital for nothing but I also don't want to endanger my baby. Has anyone had anything like this happen? If so, what do you recommend? I'm trying not to be paranoid. lol

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
azpreemiemom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Just call your Dr to make sure.

TonyaO
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Are they braxton hicks? Try drinking some water or taking a warm shower to see if that helps them stop.  My ob said if there were more then 4 in an hour to go in to get checked.  If you have any doubts go in, they'll check you out and hook you up to a monitor.  I'd rather err on the side of caution.

LadySandoval
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I'm not sure if they are Braxton Hicks because it's not like individual cramps but rather a crampy feeling.. If that makes any sense at all. I hate being that woman that runs in for every little thing but I may not have a choice. :) Thanks for the response. 

Quoting TonyaO:

Are they braxton hicks? Try drinking some water or taking a warm shower to see if that helps them stop.  My ob said if there were more then 4 in an hour to go in to get checked.  If you have any doubts go in, they'll check you out and hook you up to a monitor.  I'd rather err on the side of caution.

TonyaO
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:25 PM

I know what you mean, I hate being that women too...that's why I think trust your instinct...if you feel like you need to be seen or it will ease your mind, then go in....if you feel like it's not contractions then just keep an eye on it...not the advice a dr, would give, but that's what i did through my pregnancy

teegrumpee85
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Maybe drink alot of water then lay down for about 30 mins to a hour and see if that helps? If not, I would go in just to be on the safe side! Good luck! Bump.

Sunshine172
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:27 PM

how many hours ago did u lose your mucous plug? it usually "grows" back within 24-48 hours.

i have those pains, and lost my mucous plug, went in.. nothing happens.. its just your body getting ready unfortunatly.

LadySandoval
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I lost it a little bit under 24 hours ago. It's good to know that it's probably nothing. I think I will just wait it out and see if anything changes. :)

Quoting Sunshine172:

how many hours ago did u lose your mucous plug? it usually "grows" back within 24-48 hours.

i have those pains, and lost my mucous plug, went in.. nothing happens.. its just your body getting ready unfortunatly.

Suri2010
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Take a warm bath. It will calm the muscles and the cramping should subside. That's what I do. I haven't been checked yet, but I have cramping often. Drink some water and take a warm bath
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:35 AM

bed rest

lady_kira
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:37 AM

That sounds like early labor to me to be honest. I'd call the nurse line and describe it to them to find out what your next move is... it might come down to just waiting for your water to break or your appointment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)