Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Go hungry I dont care!!!! UPDATED!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:34 PM
  • 281 Replies

this was posted in another group and i wanted to see you ladies thoughts about it. If  you make something your child dont like do you make something else or do you let them go hungry for the night? I am not talking about starvation but missing one meal.

My middle son wont eat beef soup but everyone else in the house eats it. I dont make something else for him. If he doesnt want to eat it he wont get anything else. this is just an instance. how about you ladies?

I want to thank all the mothers out there who answered my post. It is nice to see others point of view on something and not it get turned into a drama post. I am a little confused at the parents who think we abuse our children for allowing them to skip a meal. While I would consider it abuse if we abosolutely refused to feed our children. But like i said thank you for taking the time to answer my query. Hope all you ladies have a great day!

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:35 PM

anyone ladies?

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Not unless it is leftover night. I will only make one meal and one meal only. My lil guy is only 2 and eats everything but mashed potatoes (he doesn't like the texture).

PradaBaby
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I make one meal. Eat it or don't but you get nothing else until it's time for the next meal. i have no patience for picky children and even less patience for people that cater to them

crazymama2kids
they get what we make but their not too picky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:36 PM

thanks greeneye!

KellyMarie105

DS eats what I cook. With that being said, I cook what I know he likes as often as possible. I know he doesn't like chicken so I don't cook it often. He loves lasagna so I make it more often.

ETA: But he knows to eat what I make for dinner because i will not make 2 separate meals.

I'm a 27 year old pro-choice, formula feeding, pro-ERF, spanking as a last resort, animal loving, meat eating, anti-CIO, same sex marriage supporting, public schooling, Atheist. I'm Gavin's mom, Nathan's wife, but most importantly I am me and you don't have to like that. Respect my opinion and I will respect yours. 

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:37 PM

keep it comin ladies!!

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:37 PM

My DS refuses dinner almost every night, so I put it away for him. He usually eats it a few hours later, and if he doesn't then he gets it for breakfast. He's 16 months and for a little while I felt bad doing it since he's so young, but his pedi said it was fine.

christina0607
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:38 PM

If it's something specific that they don't like, no I don;t make them eat it. but they don't get options every night. I would never allow them to dictate what they eat like that. I expect my kids to eat well balanced meals on a regular basis.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:38 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)