Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Requirements!?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

Does anyone know what the requirements are for registering a child into public school, for pre school?? Id like to put my 3 soon to be 4yo in preschool and i was thinking public school would be the easiest way to go about it, but i dont even know where to begin... Any info woud be greatly appreciated thank you in advance! :)

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kaidansmylife
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:51 PM

BUMP!

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Does your school district HAVE a pre K program? If it does, public schools usually test kids for enrollment. We only enroll students at risk, who may need the preparation prior to entering Kindergarten. You'd have to contact your district.

kaidansmylife
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Yes it does, I actually went to pre k here :) i plan on callin tomorrow i was just curious if anyone knew

Quoting KairisMama:

Does your school district HAVE a pre K program? If it does, public schools usually test kids for enrollment. We only enroll students at risk, who may need the preparation prior to entering Kindergarten. You'd have to contact your district.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Yes you need to contact your district for the specifics for enrolling.  Dont be surprised if the enrollment period has ended, depending when the school year starts.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:58 PM

you need to call your district your child would probably have to be 4 by the cut off to go to pre-k and they way be full already. when i enrolled ds for headstart we did the enrollment in april and he started in sept there was only 40 kids that could go and thats 20 on one side of town and 20 that lived on the other side.

MamaPeanut
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Most schools require Dr.'s records of a recent physical and vaccination records (if you don't vax there is likely an exemption form you can fill out).

you might also need the birth certificate and proof of residency (like a utility bill, to show you live in the district)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)