Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do some people refuse help when they really need it???

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM
  • 39 Replies

Why do people refuse to go to garage sales or use items that are given to them? I know someone that just doesn't have anything prepared for their baby. They refuse to take what is offered to them for free sometimes. Why are some people picky? They know damn well they are not going to be able to provide those items for their child but refuse. You hear them complain about how they don't have money but they don't want help. This really annoys me. I just don't get this. I get that people don't want used stuff or whatever. What if you absolutely have no choice? I'm just really wondering!

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
klynn80
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:12 PM

pride

ariesp19

im buying a used jumproo, and getting a free crib, and a free bouncer....

anetrnlov

Putting your pride above providing adequately for your child is beyond selfish and childish...I can't stand people like that.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Quoting klynn80:

pride

This.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

FromAtoZ
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:14 PM

There are some things in life that we may never understand.

Some may use the excuse of 'pride'.  Which is just that, an excuse.

Stop offering them help.

ErikaM27
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Quoting anetrnlov:

Putting your pride above providing adequately for your child is beyond selfish and childish...I can't stand people like that.

Yeah that's exactly what it is. I've really tried to help them. I was going to pick up a crib with a mattress from freecycle member. They said we will think about it. I mean what is there to think about?! I'm just done trying to help.

amayabrianna
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:18 PM

IDK. I know I wouldn't be able to get my new one a bed by the time I amdue so my friend gave me a bassinett and a swing. I'd rather get free stuff evenif it is used than my child go without. I am donating all my girl stuff though (I am having a boy) I hope someone can use it. I am taking it to a place that gives it to those in need for free, not one of those you have to pay for htings. What is the point of donating to those. I mean I know it's cheaper than the store, but if they need help that bad they may not even be able to afford that. OK sorry I got off onto a rant. :) Done now!!

sandra.g.h
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Quoting ErikaM27:

Quoting anetrnlov:

Yeah that's exactly what it is. I've really tried to help them. I was going to pick up a crib with a mattress from freecycle member. They said we will think about it. I mean what is there to think about?! I'm just done trying to help.

Wow... I'm all over freecycle and wanting to go to garage sales, flea markets, etc... I can't imagine saying I'd think about it to an offer like that!!!! I mean, yeah... I'd LOVE to be able to afford ALL new stuff for Rayne, but truth is money is tight so I'm going to take what I can get!!

ErikaM27
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Quoting sandra.g.h:

Quoting ErikaM27:

Quoting anetrnlov:

Wow... I'm all over freecycle and wanting to go to garage sales, flea markets, etc... I can't imagine saying I'd think about it to an offer like that!!!! I mean, yeah... I'd LOVE to be able to afford ALL new stuff for Rayne, but truth is money is tight so I'm going to take what I can get!!

I'm the same way.

Suri2010
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Cuz they r stupid!!! I took all the free stuff I could use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)