Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas post!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

I've seen several people on here say they only give their kids four gifts.. "something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read". If you do this.. what kind of things do you consider "needs". Needs to me would be clothes/shoes.. but that would also be something to wear lol. I'm planning to do our Christmas this way this year so I'm just looking for ideas.. 

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
omgamomie
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Well last year I did three gifts for Christmas and three for b-day they are 2 days apart and she is the only grandchild and niece so I didn't want to buy a lot since she got a alot.

two4one
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I don't do 4 gifts, though DH wishes i would, lol. But when I think of a need, I think maybe a school supply, or a comforter for their bed, maybe a shelf to hold some stuff, things like that.

mommyofagirl06
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:46 PM

needs for us is clothes or socks or undies or hairstuff somthing she really needs at that time

mykidsrock234
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Those are good, thanks!

Quoting two4one:

I don't do 4 gifts, though DH wishes i would, lol. But when I think of a need, I think maybe a school supply, or a comforter for their bed, maybe a shelf to hold some stuff, things like that.

Kodysmommy928
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I did this for my sons last year and for my 5 year old his "need" was a new bunk bed. 

dsebastian23
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM

This is a great idea!! I have 5 children to shop for so this will make it so much easier for me!

misunderstood1
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM

BUMP!

mykidsrock234
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Funny.. I was just thinkin maybe the need could be a bunk bed! Kill 2 "needs" with 1 gift

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I did this for my sons last year and for my 5 year old his "need" was a new bunk bed. 

mykidsrock234
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I got the idea from all the Christmas posts last year. It does seems like it will make it easier! And this way they won't get a lot of things they won't play with

Quoting dsebastian23:

This is a great idea!! I have 5 children to shop for so this will make it so much easier for me!

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:56 PM

This is how we do it

Something you WANT(GOLD, something worth gold to you)
Something you NEED(MYRRH, something to address individual talents/hobbies)
Something to WEAR(SWADDLING CLOTHES, a couple of outfits and a new set of PJ's)
Something to READ(FRANKINCENSE, supporting the spiritual side, books, music, artwork)

So the need is adressing their talents. Last year my oldest got Tae Kwon do Sparring Equipment and my two younger sons got new bikes since they were starting to have budding interest in riding with Daddy.

Keeping Christmas Simple:

Every year everyone in the family gets 4 Christmas gifts each representing one given to Jesus.
Something you WANT(GOLD, something worth gold to you)
Something you NEED(MYRRH, something to address individual talents/hobbies)
Something to WEAR(SWADDLING CLOTHES, a couple of outfits and a new set of PJ's)
Something to READ(FRANKINCENSE, supporting the spiritual side, books, music, artwork )

Also if you are not into the religious aspect of Christmas you can just use the want/need/wear/read part of it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)