Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG call CPS!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:56 PM
  • 18 Replies

Nah not really...

Was(once again) cleaning 8 y/o SS's bathroom and I noticed he has another interesting quirk, wondering if anyone(with children this age) has heard of this.

When he came for a visit I put both a loofah and a washcloth in his shower, in case he had a preference. Everytime I cleaned his bathroom I noticed the sponge that I use to clean the bathroom would end up in the shower. I always keep in under the sink so I'd keep putting it back there. Finally I asked SS about it and he said that's what he uses at his grandma's house?? It's a 2 sided kitchen sponge with a brillo pad on one side. I told him it was yucky from scrubbing the bathroom and put it in the kitchen when he wasn't looking.

Lo and behold, it was back in the shower just now.

Has anyone heard of using a kitchen sponge in the shower?? I think it's gross to use a used one but maybe I should just give him a clean one to use if he likes it so much??

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
omgamomie
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:57 PM

No never heard of it. 

lovelyy504
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:58 PM

if thats what he prefers, why not? lol buy him a clean one!

amayabrianna

Ask him if he prefers it. If he really wants ot use it then I would buyhim a new one. If he thinks that is what he "should" use because he does at grandma's I would give him the option of the loofah, washcloth or sponge. And make sure he knows that he can choose whichever he WANTS.

MuddinFLMama

My SO does after working on a car... it helps get the grease off...  but he has his own sponge specifically for him....

tgentosi

get him a clean one so he can use what he wants. but i wouldnt get the kind with a brillo pad. sensitive skin....

mitch576

speechless...

no that's a new one on me we just use those poofy things. they are like 1.99 so i just buy those.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

CarterMommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:59 PM

never heard of that... that's kinda weird to me

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I guess just give him a clean one to use if thats what he prefers.. I don't like loofas or wash cloths either.. I got these nifty shower gloves that are kind of rough.

MrsReesca17

Never heard of it but I would get him a clean one of that's what he preferrs.

mamacita4two

Quoting lovelyy504:

if thats what he prefers, why not? lol buy him a clean one!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)