Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scariest Experience EVER!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

Today I'm having a cookout, and all of a sudden, I notice my son who is 2.5 is not on his bike with the other kids. There are 30 plus people here all friends and family.. my Aunt brought her new boyfriend, who I was meeting for the first time. Immeadiatly my father runs down the driveway, and I run in the house, checking all the rooms screaming my son's name..

My sister hears that I'm still screaming for him and my dad's running down the block screaming his name.. she starts running the other way down the block.. I'm running upstairs to the neighbors, to see if he wandered up there, when my sisters screams that she found him..

Turns out that my Aunt's new boyfriend, and my BIL, took my son down to see the boyfriends motorcycle, but didn't tell anyone..

I am still so shook up

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
incasage
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:31 PM
Poor thing! Glad you found him :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:31 PM

oh dang, how scary.  People don't think! They should have told you and saved you all lots of worry.

LovingMyJaybird
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:32 PM

I was too relieved at the time to even think about being mad, I was just crying and rocking my son, who hadn't done anything wrong, he knows he can go with his Uncle, so it was freaking him out, so I had to just calm down..

JBDslittlemam08
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:32 PM

wow!!!!!!!!!! stupid new people always know how to screw up a party! I'm so glad he was safe!

savedbygrace316
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:33 PM

OMG that would scare the crap out of me.  I'd make sure that everyone knows that you need to be asked before leaving the yard with him.

Becca030507
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM

That is scary! Sorry you had to go through that! I had something similar happen, I was watching my best friend 4 girls and they where outside playing! One of them decided to go inside and didn't tell anyone. We got the whole neighborhood looking for her, 20 minutes later we found her under the table! Her Mom is a police officer and she was at work. If we hadn't found her she was on her way home to find her!

LovingMyJaybird
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:38 PM

See an that's the thing.. BIL KNOWS that I panic, over everything and that he needs to inform me.. .. and I don't know what made my Aunts boyfriend think it would be okay.. except for the fact that BIL was with him.. IDK?! .

LovingMyJaybird
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM

OMG how scary! I couldn't imagine 20 minutes.. this lasted all of 2 minutes and I had played out every terrible scenario in my head, and had my self crying in two minutes time.. I'm so glad she was safe

Quoting Becca030507:

That is scary! Sorry you had to go through that! I had something similar happen, I was watching my best friend 4 girls and they where outside playing! One of them decided to go inside and didn't tell anyone. We got the whole neighborhood looking for her, 20 minutes later we found her under the table! Her Mom is a police officer and she was at work. If we hadn't found her she was on her way home to find her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)