Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Read Me... :D

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
Okay So If You Were In My Shoes What Would You Do? Here's My Situation. My Dh's Cousin (girl) ALWAYS Talks to DH. It seems like half the time he talks to her more than me a lot cause she's always calling him or texting him. Well she lives in California and she recently asked us if she could move in with us in august (we stay in Texas). I wouldn't mind but I don't like that she's trying to get all his attention. I had to make sure they were cousins cause of how much she calls him. And if he doesn't answer she would get mad. Well my SIL Told Me That Dh's Ex Wife Had A Problem With The Same Thing. That They Were Always Talking for Hours at 1 and 2 in the morning and thought there was something going on. Well now I'm tryin to decide whether to let DH's cousin move in with us or not. What would you all do? Also, I really wanted to message DH's ex wife and ask her personally about what made her think that my dh and his had something going on? I mean...my dh isn't nasty like that lol... But I don't like how his cousin is wanting all this attention from him. Should I message DH's ex wife or not? We don't have any problems but I think if I ask her then she'll call my MIL and tell her what I asked then MIL will start all this drama. But man I really want to ask her lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I would NOT have her move in

sweet.lil.mama
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:56 PM

no...crazy shit can happen. no way...tell her to stay far away!

shesahophead
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM

well is there anything particular that happened that maybe made them so close.  I am super close to my younger male cousins. he comes to me with all his problems, but it's not that bad. we don't text and talk about EVERYTHING. family or not there are just some things for me and my husband. I dunno, try talking to her yourself, explain it. maybe not, woman are bitches she might overreact. hmmm i dunno mama, good luck with your desision. Maybe jsut give it a shot and see where it goes.

Kodysmommy928
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Maybe he just enjoys talking to his cousin.  I don't think you need to jump to the possible incest conclusion so quickly.  I think I would say no to moving in though but that is because I wouldn't want my privacy invaded.

the.real.me
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:01 PM

think she sounds a little unstable.  What does DH say??  He must realize she is doing it and its past what talking to a cousin should be like especially since his ex said the same thing. Does he encourage it? What do they talk about? is he open with you about his relationship with her and what it entails?

urLoveisMydrug
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:19 AM
Dh says she just talks to him about all her problems. And I see sometimes he has to lie to her just so he can hang up cause of how much she wants to talk to him. I've never asked to see why they're so close. They never lived together before. I Just thought it was kinda weird cause I am really close to some of my cousins but we don't talk as much as dh and his cousin.

Quoting the.real.me:

think she sounds a little unstable.  What does DH say??  He must realize she is doing it and its past what talking to a cousin should be like especially since his ex said the same thing. Does he encourage it? What do they talk about? is he open with you about his relationship with her and what it entails?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Its family some family is close-moving in I dont know because I dont like extra company-people in my home for long periods of time, but the talking and texting not an issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)