Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worst compliment you have gotten ?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:46 PM
  • 77 Replies

What is the WORST compliment you have gotten from someone ? and who said it to you ?

My granda said " Wow Kim, you have extremly nice legs for a fat person. Not a single dimple!"

ummmmmm thanks grandma ?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:48 PM

My mother said I looked like a lollipop because I had gotten so skinny!  Thanks Ma!

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:48 PM

"You waxed your lip!"

Uh, yeah. I started doing that in HS.

MamaCarterof5
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I always get, "WOW YOU LOOK GREAT- For having 6 kids."

Thanks.

Can't I just look great? What does "for having 6 kids" mean really?

themacs4
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I worked with a lady who would always give backhanded compliments...She told me once, my sweater was nice, but pink wasn't a good color..

savedbygrace316
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:49 PM

When I told my boss I was pregnant he said "Oh I knew it your face is chubby and your hips are wider"  he was smiling excited but I was only 6wks at the time.

chais_wifey
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:50 PM
You could be a model, if you didn't have that pudgy belly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerlyn13
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:50 PM
Well I see you haven't lost any of the baby weight yet......it was just a month or two after I had my ds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessie3398
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM

My hubby (deceased) used to always tell me that I do laundry SOOOO much better than him so he just won't touch it!!!!

snugglesaurus
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM

"You've gained weight!" followed quickly with, "It looks good on you" (yeah right, nice recovery)

and

"I like big butts!!" from my husband in reference to my ass. NOT a fucking compliment to me. D:<

and the weirdest compliment was that I have a black girl's ass. I don't know how I'm supposed to take that one...  D:`

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Quoting savedbygrace316:

When I told my boss I was pregnant he said "Oh I knew it your face is chubby and your hips are wider"  he was smiling excited but I was only 6wks at the time.

Uh, he noticed your hips had gotten wider? What's he do...stare at your ass? That would creep me out.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)