Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teeth brushing

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:41 PM
  • 15 Replies

Any tips on helping me get my 7 yr old to brush his teeth properly, he knows how to do, but only when i sit him down and stare him down and tell him every step of the way.(which he has shown me is not necissary, he just doesnt care and if I don't tell him he just sits there like 'what now' he pretends) it really bothers me that he is so lazy about it, what should I do?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shesahophead
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:47 PM

BUMP!

xoxoali
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:48 PM

I don't know how to help with a 7 year old. ;/

shesahophead
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:48 PM

well thanx for trying lol

Quoting xoxoali:

I don't know how to help with a 7 year old. ;/

JJJMommyKris
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:48 PM

BUMP!

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Let him brush his teeth on his own, then go back over them. If he gets upset then say, "if you are not going to take proper care of your teeth then I need to."

mykidsrock234
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Show him pictures of rotted teeth 
Just kidding.. I don't know.

savedbygrace316
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:50 PM

This might be mean but I'd show him pictures of teeth that haven't been taken care of.  I'd also ask him if he would want instructions while a friend was over for a sleep over.  Just ask him that don't actually do it.

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:51 PM

well according to the infomercial that has been on every night at 3 am.. this should do the trick!

I'm pregnant and my back hurts so i toss and turn all night, and see the weirdest commercials!

http://www.30smile.com/

Brandi61279
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:52 PM

My son is the same way.  I got him that pre-rinse that colors the plaque and yucky stuff, and they brush until there is no more.  He likes the green color because he said it looks like he's spitting out boogers.  But it keeps him interested, and I know he did a good job.

.Angelica.
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Show him pictures of what teeth look like if not properly brushed. Maybe find a video or something of what they do when you get a root canal. Ask if he'd like to have all his teeth pulled out in 30 years because they are all rotting. lol.

So far my almost 3 year old loves to brush his teeth and even likes the dentist. I hope he keeps this up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)