Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

9yo girl and 6yo boy taking a shower together? ETA

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM
  • 30 Replies

My sister just told me that her 9yo sdd was just complaining to her that there bio mom still makes her take a shower with her 6yo brother!, she said her mom says its "easier for her that way" but the sdd said it was "starting to embarrass her", but her mom didn't care.

My sister and I think this is rather odd, is it just us?.

Just wanted to add that my sis and her husband (the kids dad) have been having some issues with the girl lately, its like she has no since of modesty. She will run around in the house in just her panties, go to the bathroom with the door open etc, the dad asked their mom about it and she thought it was funny. Oh and yes she is showing signs of puberty.

At 9 I would have died before I walked in front of my dad in just my panties....

by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NEWMOMOF1
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:07 PM

NOPE

snugglesaurus

I think if it's starting to make the kids uncomfortable, the mom needs to listen to them. When it's forced like that, it becomes pretty creepy. 9yo needs privacy.

misunderstood1

if it is really bothering the girl I think it should stop, and the fact that she's voiced this and got ignored is awful. Her privacy and her own feelings should be respected. 

ballyhooligan
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM

uuuhm... no.  9 is way too old to share a shower, regardless of whether it's a boy or girl. 

WhitleyLyles
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Yes that is odd. If she is feeling UNCOMFORTABLE-- that is the surest sign that you can get that the co-showers need to STOP. Who the hell cares if it it easier... WTH?

redmamaof5
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:09 PM

nope its odd, our three youngest, 6,4,1, were taking a bath together until my 6yo dd said she didnt want to anymore, and guess what? thats the last time! i respect her feelings and her privacy!

pegleg63

How is it easier?  I think that is too old to be showering together, especially when the girl is uncomfortable with it.  She is obviously becoming more aware of her body and  that of her brother, it's time to stop showering together.  Mom shouldn't be so lazy and make them do it together!

snugglesaurus

I totally agree. I feel really bad for her. It's not healthy at all to ignore your kids' feelings about things like that.

Quoting misunderstood1:

if it is really bothering the girl I think it should stop, and the fact that she's voiced this and got ignored is awful. Her privacy and her own feelings should be respected. 

MarineWifeyy
When I was 9 I was growing boobs and pubes lmao. I would not have wanted to shower with a girl,let alone a boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607

It's not for me, but if the mother chooses that to be the easiest thing for them I wouldn't question it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)