Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ds breath smells like finger nail polish remover????

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:32 PM
  • 17 Replies

my son got sick last saturday with a virus. he was throwing up alot for about 3 days. then he randomly threw up tuesday, and once today. since saturday his breath has smelled like finger nail polish remover. i tried googling this and i found some stuff talking about diabetes. this kind of freaked me out because alot of peopl have commented before on how much he drinks and how he is always thirsty. i have a dr appt on monday, but i am going to go all weekend a nervous wreck. i am the kind to look up stuff online and freak myself out with the worst case scenario. has ANYONE ever dealt with or heard anything like this before? i would prefer personal encounters and stories and not just googled stuff because i have already been googling.

by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
exceptalilfish
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:33 PM

oh and he went to the dr sunday for the virus but i didnt really notice the breath then.

2gud2btrue
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:34 PM

BUMP!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:35 PM

BUMP! Stop googling stuff mama and I hope another mom can help

Click above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

exceptalilfish
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:35 PM

thanks for the bumps!

grammarpolice
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Yes,  it's a classic marker of diabetes. Good luck!

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Yeah, it can be a sign of diabetes. Does he ever have fruity smelling breath too? At the same time it could be from him throwing up so much that it makes him smell gross, you know? But still going to the doctor is a good thing, can you get him in any earlier?

sojourner.
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:36 PM

BUMP!

exceptalilfish
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:37 PM

thanks, i guess i am just trying to figure out if there is a reason OTHER than that. like if it is always a sign of diabetes or if it is most of the time but could also be.....?

Quoting grammarpolice:

Yes,  it's a classic marker of diabetes. Good luck!

twocutetwins09
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:38 PM
I don't know but here's a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
exceptalilfish
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:39 PM

only at the emergency room which i dont think will do us much good. it definitely isnt a gross smell like puke breath. sometimes it is a mix of a sweetish smell and the acetone-ish smell. it is very clearly a chemical smell that you can smell when he gives kisses

Quoting Mipsy:

Yeah, it can be a sign of diabetes. Does he ever have fruity smelling breath too? At the same time it could be from him throwing up so much that it makes him smell gross, you know? But still going to the doctor is a good thing, can you get him in any earlier?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)