Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im not a racist..buttttttt....

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 6:25 PM
  • 19 Replies
I was just laughing at something i read. why is it that people will start off thier statement with..IM NOT A RACIST..BUT..? i have always figured if you have to tell me you arent a racist...ummm...you probably are...lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lisse_2006
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM

I agree!!

RissaBusch
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM

That or I hate all black people.  But I'm not racist because I have black friends.

LOL like WTH

sniklefritz
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM
It takes all kinds huuh!?
snugglesaurus
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 6:29 PM

It kills me when people say something vaguely racist and then add to the end "It's okay, I'm totally not racist, I have a black friend!!" Ugh.

kymomma1974
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 6:30 PM
Yea i had someone say that to me the other day! and then they looked at me like i had on a horned vicking hat because i just couldnt stop laughing!!! lol

Quoting RissaBusch:

That or I hate all black people.  But I'm not racist because I have black friends.

LOL like WTH

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kymomma1974
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 6:32 PM
Right! and i always feel sorry for the poor lone black friend!! lol

Quoting snugglesaurus:

It kills me when people say something vaguely racist and then add to the end "It's okay, I'm totally not racist, I have a black friend!!" Ugh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomX04
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 7:13 PM

LOL yeah that gets me all the time. 

In high school I would have the black kids who sat in the same area I sat in tell me "oh, we don't mean you, you're different" whenever they would make some sort of negative comment about white people because they knew I dated black guys. 

All I could do was roll my eyes and blow it off cause I knew damn good and well they meant me too, if they wanted to admit it or not they did.

A racist is a racist no matter what excuses they make about it.

Charweba
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I know. It's like the "but" just canceled out everything you said at the beginning of the sentence.

ZanGabeAllysMom
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM

LOL I am not raciest, but I will make a joke around hubby and I will say that. Well kinda. I will say "I cant be raciest, I married you, and had kids with you"  He is half black half rican. lol 

I am not a raciest at all... but I will make jokes picking on hubby, as he does me because I am white lol.  I would never say it to people I dont know.  I just say it to him picking because its ok with us. 

ZanGabeAllysMom
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM

lol my rule of thumb is that if you KNOW the number of black friends you have, and ESPECIALLY if that number is under 5... you are raciest. lol

Quoting kymomma1974:

Right! and i always feel sorry for the poor lone black friend!! lol

Quoting snugglesaurus:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)