• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had a day from Fiery Hell! - I snapped at work

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:02 AM
  • 6 Replies

I had an awful day at work! We have all been under alot of preassure as a result management is passing it down to us, and they are acting like we don't want to work and are a bunch of lazy people. SO NOT THE CASE!!!

All the employees held a meeting and discussed the comments that managers have been making to us. They have been making comments like all of you can be replaced easily... Yesterday a manager yelled at a few girls, I over heard and it made me really upset. A supervisor for a different department told 1 of her employees that he produced "shitty work". They even told 1 guy (who has a kid with a brain tumor) that he was still there because they hadn't trained someone to replace him yet - I DONT CARE HOW MUCH $$$ YOU MAKE OR HOW MANY TITLES YOU HAVE. YOU DON'T TALK TO PEOPLE THAT WAY!!! So I snapped and told the director everything I thought (me the new girl who has been there for 2 months!) The HR manager heard from me to. I told her the word Human was in her title because it was her job to take care of us HUMANS IN THE OFFICE! She has heard how we all get yelled at and everything, and has done nothing! I told the Director that him and his managers have a clique! I told him I loved the work and that we all felt the same way - and I started crying there in the meeting in front of everyone. I told him that since I had started I saw no respect from the managers to the employees.

Now I'm scarred of getting fired for speaking my mind. I just ahd to say everything I had seen and all my coworkers did chime in after me. I dont know what came over me it was WORD VOMIT! I couldnt control my emotions all the bad complaints from people made me feel disspointed and I cried because it was all really sad!!! Now I'm scarred of the consequences.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
his_babydoll
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:07 AM

sorry you had a bad day at work. hopefully the director will do something about the managers

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Quoting his_babydoll:

sorry you had a bad day at work. hopefully the director will do something about the managers

I hope so to. I just hope fingers arent pointed at me

my3littleboys
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Yikes....doesnt sound like a fun place to work......hope you still have your job   **Fingers Crossed**

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Quoting my3littleboys:

Yikes....doesnt sound like a fun place to work......hope you still have your job   **Fingers Crossed**

I love the work that I do - I'm in global trade, the WORK IS AMAZING!!! I DO learn something new everyday... but the way we are being treated is just not right.

In the 2 months I've been there I have seen 1 person resign (yesterday), 1 person quit on the spot (the girl that was hired along with me), and 1 person get fired. With that turnover something just can't be right!

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Uh-oh!  I hope everything works out all right!

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:04 AM

I hope so to, and I hope our director realizes his managers are being jerks

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

Uh-oh!  I hope everything works out all right!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)