Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whos to blame? (rape)

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:03 AM
  • 28 Replies
A caretaker leaves a 30 year old man alone with his 5 year old nephew knowing he has the mind of a 5 year old himself and he touches/rapes the child... Isnt the caretaker responsible for this? He is 30 but very absent mentally and I think saying he has the mind of 5 year old might even be giving to much credit..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:04 AM

i would say yes the caretaker is responsible

Dark_Rain
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:04 AM

The caretaker is definitely responsible.

ashasay
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Hard to say without knowing the actual situation. Seems to be negligence on the caretakers part to say the least. People are stupid. 

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:07 AM

No 5 year old has the mind to rape someone. i would highly doubt that he was as mentally messed up as he claimed to be. but it would be both of their fault.

zianneaaliyah
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Yes! 

Tussnelda
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:08 AM

i suppose the caretaker is responsible knowing the 30 year old is mentally challanged.....but what 5 year old touches/rapes children?  those are the actions of someone much older....i dunno

WaMomOFfour
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:09 AM

a lot of 5 year olds know the difference between right and wrong. If the patient has no known history of sexual abuse then there is no reason for the caretaker to expect that the child in question is in any danger. If the caretaker had been told not to leave a child alone with said person then i wold find them at some fault for the actions.

Christy78
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

No 5 year old has the mind to rape someone. i would highly doubt that he was as mentally messed up as he claimed to be. but it would be both of their fault.

I agree with her

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Depends..... DH's autistic cousin came to visit a few weeks ago. We caught him attempting to have sex with my SIL's dog 3 times. Was it the dogs fault - no! Was it our fault for not watching him - maybe, but what the hell were we supose to know about him trying to have sex with the dog. Is it his mom's fault for not once EVER approaching the topic of him being a sexual being YES!!!

He is a 24 year old man - everything in his body IS WORKING!

I think as Humans - mentally ill or not, we are all responsible for our own actions!!!

Aslen
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Quoting Christy78:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I agree with her

But 5 year olds DO explore each other's bodies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)