• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think he is being very selfish, what do you think?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:19 AM
  • 49 Replies
DH loves fishing, we have gone every weekend except one for the past 7 weeks, so 6 times. Keep in mind that I don't enjoy fishing all that much and it isn't an easy task while taking care of our 6 month old DD. So he asks me, NO he tells me earlier this week that we are going fishing this weekend, fine whatever! So yesterday I tell him that he is welcome to go fishing, but if Chloe is still not feeling well we won't be going, because its not fair to Chloe to have her go and be miserable. So today he calls his sister and her husband and asks if Dustin, BIL, wants to go fishing and if Letesia and the kids, SIL and nieces, want to hang out with me. Okay, I never said that I wanted to hang out with anyone tomorrow. DD isn't feeling well!!! I just tell him that it depends on how Chloe feels if I will be hanging out with anyone tomorrow. So then he spends an hour online looking at fishing sites, I ask him to get off and spend time with DD and I and to get ready so we could go to dinner and the drive in. He spends another 20 minutes on the computer and then gets ready. Well he trys to call BIL to tell him what time he is picking him up tomorrow(which means he is taking MY car and leaving me with nothing, his trucks in the shop and BIL has two cars, so why can't he drive) well BIL doesn't answer, so DH says can we just drive over there to let him know,( he lives a couple streets down) i said we could. So we start driving and halfway there he says he wants to go to the fishing store. So we go there. Then to BIL, where they had made pizza and invite us to stay. Without even asking me he says yeah and makes a plate. Then DH says, well Brandi wanted to go to the drive in, but then I won't be home until late and I wanted to fish early, so can we just stay and play games? That was it. I grabbed dd and left. He can walk home! He is being so selfish. Not thinking of me at all. How I'm staying home all day tomorrow so he can go fishing and he won't even do what I want to do tonight, which was dinner and a movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Memere4
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:26 AM

oh ya..selfish with a capitol S!!!!!!

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:29 AM
Hide your car keys in the morning and leave the house before SIL comes. If he's so Selfish with a capital S then you can be Spiteful with a capital S!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I would put the chain on the door when I got home...  He can sleep on the swing outside!  Ha ha!!  **cackles**

kriss1023
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:30 AM

yea I agree with you! I hate going fishing and probly woudlnt have gone after the 2nd time.

AquarianPath
Uh oh..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
Maybe childish...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:31 AM
But I can understand where you are coming from.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:32 AM

I think you both need to do a little growing up.

brandiaubrey
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:33 AM
Okay then!

Quoting DanaG70:

I think you both need to do a little growing up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamianaFire
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:33 AM

yep.. he is being selfish..  I love fishing.. but I would NEVER do that.. I am sorry.. I hope little one feels better..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)