Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

someone quit today because of me...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM
  • 30 Replies

where I work the stress has been crazy with budget cuts and layoffs. Well they moved someone who was making a lot of pay,  gave me all of her responsibilities and my own office I have only been there for a year. So the other part time lady I guess quit today because its not fair that she didn't get the job. I didn't push the issue and I am a hard worker, I do things when they need to be done. I feel I deserve this position. If I was pressing for the duties and the job, or throwing her under the bus I could understand her being upset but I wasn't I didn't know I was getting the office or anything until someone else told me (not my boss)

The lady that quit when she is asked to do something she will just tell them she doesn't feel like doing it she is very unprofessional! and very hard to work with she doesn't like constructive critisim.

I feel bad that she quit should I call her and talk to her or just let sleeping dogs lie?

What would you do?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:23 AM

just let it go.. If she would have done what was asked then she would have gotten the job,,,,Congrats for you !!!!

Jemmy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:24 AM

let sleeping dogs lie. she made her own choices and decisions. not your fault she quit. it is what it is.

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:24 AM

I would let it go - I'm not one to speak though I've had the day from hell at work today...

periwinkle163
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:25 AM

She is probably mad at them not you. I would let it go either way because the decision wasn't up to you.

peytonsmommy44
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Leave it alone. It's her problem...

Princess7777
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:27 AM

I would let it go.  If she's like that it will be hard for her to work anywhere until she changes her attitude.

lovingwifey
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:28 AM

let it go.  was she there longer than you or older than you?  It does not matter but if that is the case she is just pissed that a younger or l."less experienced" person got promoted before her, but she had equal opportunity to get promoted. 

ChaoticSoul
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:28 AM
Let it go. She is angry and her and unemployed and your the one that got it all. I doubt she would want to talk to you....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mezzi
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:29 AM

move on : )

devasmom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:29 AM

You have no need to be sorry. They felt you were the best for the job and they offered it to you. was in a similar situation at my last job. I was there 8 months and my supervisor found a job in the industry where she had her degree. The other girl in our department had been with the company for 5 years. When the CEO asked my supervisor who she would recommend for her position, she said she would recommend me. I got the job. The other girl left within 2 months. I worked there for 8 years as a manager and ended up managing 6 other employees and making good money.

Congrats on your new position!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)