Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DOULA:operation special delivery....i have a question

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:26 AM
  • 18 Replies

im trying to apply, cause my dh will be deployed in a month, and im due in late oct, early nov....

anyone every use this, or do this?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coloradomom3
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:30 AM
I've never used a doula but have u ever considered a home birth with a midwife? That's what I'm doing with this baby (due 8/18) I'm super excited. My hubby works on the north slope in Alaska and I'm in anchorage (1000miles from him) the company will fly him home wen I go into labor but there is always that chance he won't make it hm in time and I feel so blessed to have a midwife there with me every step of the way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaboudreaux
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:31 AM

I have never heard of it.  Are you just wanting to use a doula?  Or is it a special program?

peytonsmommy44
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:32 AM

I had a doula and she was AMAZING. Her methods for helping me cope with pain were great. It's nice to have someone there who can think rationally :D Not to mention that she had all the tools (birthing ball, etc) and I didn't have to buy them. Plus she really helped me get educated on pregnancy and birth.

ariesp19
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:42 AM

i would LOVE to do a home birth... but i cant..... ive had two c/s, and am having twins.....  home birth just wont work....

i live in anchorage also... we just moved here.......

ive always wanted a home birth... i was so sad with my first c/s, and my failed vbac

Quoting coloradomom3:

I've never used a doula but have u ever considered a home birth with a midwife? That's what I'm doing with this baby (due 8/18) I'm super excited. My hubby works on the north slope in Alaska and I'm in anchorage (1000miles from him) the company will fly him home wen I go into labor but there is always that chance he won't make it hm in time and I feel so blessed to have a midwife there with me every step of the way!

CafeMom Tickers

ariesp19
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:43 AM

id love to find out how muhc a doula would be, however, the operation thing is for pregnant women with deployed spouses..... women who wont have the support they want, need, while in the hospital and such,,,,, anywhos, from what i get, its doulas who vuluntear so the spouses dont have to pay

Quoting mommaboudreaux:

I have never heard of it.  Are you just wanting to use a doula?  Or is it a special program?

CafeMom Tickers

coloradomom3
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:01 AM
Y can't u have a home birth? My midwife has done vbacs as well as twin births at home. Her office is in eagle river. We just moved to anchorage too. U on base?

Quoting ariesp19:

i would LOVE to do a home birth... but i cant..... ive had two c/s, and am having twins.....  home birth just wont work....

ive always wanted a home birth... i was so sad with my first c/s, and my failed vbac

Quoting coloradomom3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ariesp19
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:11 AM

im off muldoon, off base

we have decided against another attempt at a vbac this time.... it got me down too much with aidan, and then failed vbac with caleb....

Quoting coloradomom3:

Y can't u have a home birth? My midwife has done vbacs as well as twin births at home. Her office is in eagle river. We just moved to anchorage too. U on base?

Quoting ariesp19:

Quoting coloradomom3:

CafeMom Tickers

coloradomom3
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:20 AM
OIC well maybe Susie(my midwife) may kno some resources for you. I have an appt tomorrow of u would like me to ask her or u could call her just google Alaska birthing in eagle river. I'm living dwntwn close to the port. PM me if you'd like to talk. We just moved to twn and I don't kno anyone. This rain has been horrible and the kids r driving me crazy, I haven't even been able to go newhere bc we don't have a vehicle here and it's too hard to walk at this point and then theirs the rain.

Quoting ariesp19:

im off muldoon, off base

we have decided against another attempt at a vbac this time.... it got me down too much with aidan, and then failed vbac with caleb....

Quoting coloradomom3:

Quoting ariesp19:

Quoting coloradomom3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ariesp19
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:31 AM

i lvoe my high risk dr on base...... i had a dula with my last baby, and the one who referd her(lives in wa though)told me that i should look into it again, and told me about the opteration.... so that someone can be there for/with me in the hospital....

ya, i know what you mean, lol.. i cant go anywere cause i cant fit behind the wheel in my van lol... the boys are starting to feel a bit cooped up....

when are you due?

Quoting coloradomom3:

OIC well maybe Susie(my midwife) may kno some resources for you. I have an appt tomorrow of u would like me to ask her or u could call her just google Alaska birthing in eagle river. I'm living dwntwn close to the port. PM me if you'd like to talk. We just moved to twn and I don't kno anyone. This rain has been horrible and the kids r driving me crazy, I haven't even been able to go newhere bc we don't have a vehicle here and it's too hard to walk at this point and then theirs the rain.

Quoting ariesp19:

im off muldoon, off base

Quoting coloradomom3:

Quoting ariesp19:

Quoting coloradomom3:

CafeMom Tickers

coloradomom3
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:34 AM
I'm due 8/18 so any day now. It'll be # 4 for me. 2 boys (6&4) and 2 girls (3&baby).

Quoting ariesp19:

i lvoe my high risk dr on base...... i had a dula with my last baby, and the one who referd her(lives in wa though)told me that i should look into it again, and told me about the opteration.... so that someone can be there for/with me in the hospital....

ya, i know what you mean, lol.. i cant go anywere cause i cant fit behind the wheel in my van lol... the boys are starting to feel a bit cooped up....

when are you due?

Quoting coloradomom3:

Quoting ariesp19:

im off muldoon, off base

Quoting coloradomom3:

Quoting ariesp19:

Quoting coloradomom3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)