Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get a job at..

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:47 AM
  • 24 Replies

A RESTURANT?!? what is the seceret?! What is the best way to go about it...

I really need a job, mostly for paying off bills, and hopefully extra income, but bills...anyway, i figured a resturant job is probably the most flexiable in regards to schedualing.

Help!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ruthie5232
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Easier than you think..you can just walk into any and just ask whether they are hiring. Plus, dont rule out retail establishments just yet because retail is flexible too. I would start in a mall or a strip mall closeby.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:52 AM

First in most states you need a food handlers permit to work in a restaurant.  Then you go apply to places.  Go to restaurants that aren't open 24/7 though if you need day time hours.

anikahaynes1
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Quoting ruthie5232:

Easier than you think..you can just walk into any and just ask whether they are hiring. Plus, dont rule out retail establishments just yet because retail is flexible too. I would start in a mall or a strip mall closeby.

Yeah I got that part down, i mean like should i do something when asking if they are hiring, like say could i speak with the manager please, and then ask the manager, or what?

anikahaynes1
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

First in most states you need a food handlers permit to work in a restaurant.  Then you go apply to places.  Go to restaurants that aren't open 24/7 though if you need day time hours.

in my whole 24 years of life, ive never heard of that, and my oldest dd's god parents work in resturants and they haven't said anything about it either...

CoUrtNEyLeE

If you go in and ask for a manager don't go in during rushes! It looks bad on your part!

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 AM
I've never heard of such a thing.

A license to be a waitress?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachydi253

I've never worked in a restaurant personally, but Hubby has and it was one of the least flexible jobs he's had regarding his schedule.  As for getting hired, I would just say to fill out the application, give it a few days and then call them every few days to check on your application until you hear something.  It might help if you know someone who already works there, as long as they have a good reputation, of course.

Dark_Rain
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Go in and ask if they are hiring. If they are ask if they are taking applications or if you can speak with the manager.

flowers-scene-alice-in-wonderland-2010-1.gif picture by Dolphin_03

lhernandez7208
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:56 AM

i was a waitress and didnt need a permit

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:57 AM
OP drop by around 4pm (no later) on a weekDAY, and ask for an application or a manager. Smile your phoniest smile and you'll get hired! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)