• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty stairs?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:53 AM
  • 8 Replies

my daughter has been potty trained for a few months now and i have to follow her to the bathroom since she needs help getting on the potty. i was wondering if there is any "stairs" or something not too dangerous that i can place in front of the potty so she can get up there on her own. the reason i say "not too dangerous" is because if she loses her balance climbing up, being that our bathroom is very small, she'll either slip and hit her head on the tub and possibly fall in or slip and hit her head on the radiator. i'm a worry wart i know. any suggestions would be great!

btw. the reason i ask is because i'm almost 25 weeks pregnant so the constant bending to pick her up is really taking a toll on my back.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Buy a step stool for her.  They are sold by the potty chairs and have non slip material.   DD has a potty chair that turns into a stool with the lid down so she can reach the sink or big potty.

Tummysmomma
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 AM

We have a little tinkerbell stool from target. its small so its not dangerous but tall enough to brush her teeth and get up on the potty herself. They are perfect

omgamomie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Like a stool?

Dark_Rain
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:57 AM

I'm helping my friend potty train her 3 year old twin boys. We have a stool for them to help them get on the potty easier.

flowers-scene-alice-in-wonderland-2010-1.gif picture by Dolphin_03

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:58 AM

her training potty turns into a "stool" when the lid is down but it's very slippery. also, every time she sees it, she thinks it's okay to go potty in it. so i just hid it down in the basement lol!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Buy a step stool for her.  They are sold by the potty chairs and have non slip material.   DD has a potty chair that turns into a stool with the lid down so she can reach the sink or big potty.

ashmac03
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:59 AM

We have a little pink stool that we bought at Target.

MrsReed09
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:06 AM

We use that folding up step. Let me go look what it's called.

EDIT: It's called E-Z FOLDZ. Love it cause it's folds up to get out of the way in the small bathroom.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:17 AM

thanks! i'll check it out.

Quoting MrsReed09:

We use that folding up step. Let me go look what it's called.

EDIT: It's called E-Z FOLDZ. Love it cause it's folds up to get out of the way in the small bathroom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)