Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG this makes me so mad!!! : Father charged in near-fatal beating of 2-year-old son

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:13 AM
  • 35 Replies

Father charged in near-fatal beating of 2-year-old son

Miami, Florida (CNN) -- A Florida man who admitted to the near-fatal beating of his two-year-old son while teaching him how to box remained behind bars Thursday, facing felony charges.

Lee Willie Dejesus, 23, of Homestead, appeared in court Wednesday night wearing a green protective vest reserved for those on suicide watch, reported CNN affiliate WFOR. A judge denied him bail.

Dejesus' son was on life support Thursday, said Ed Griffith, spokesman for the Miami-Dade state attorney's office. Griffith said it was his understanding that the child was being kept on life support so his organs could be donated.

Dejesus is charged with aggravated child abuse with great harm, a first-degree felony, and aggravated child neglect with great harm, a second-degree felony. Griffith said once prosecutors are notified the child has been taken off life support and pronounced dead, they are poised to file first-degree murder charges against Dejesus.

Miami-Dade police said Dejesus was watching the child while his mother was at work Monday night.

He told police that he put on boxing gloves and struck the child about 15 times on his face, head, torso and shoulders over a period of 15 minutes, punching him so hard at one point that the boy fell off the bed and struck his head on the tile floor.

The child was rushed to Children's Hospital where he underwent surgery for bleeding on the brain.

A criminal complaint alleges that Dejesus waited to call for medical help for as long as an hour after the boy became unresponsive. He eventually called 911 after the boy's lips became blue, according to the complaint.

Dejesus initially told police that the boy was beaten by a babysitter before admitting he was responsible, the complaint says.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/05/florida.boxing.baby/index.html

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhiskerLickins
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:15 AM

That poor baby.  I read the title and saw "near-fatal" and felt a slight bit of relief, until I read the part in the article that said that he's not expected to survive... 

.thickie.thick.
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:16 AM

i am in tears! that is so sad! that bastard!

may that little baby rest in peace.

i remember watching the news video of a man the cops pulled over & he had his son in the car , like maybe 2 yrs old , and when he got out the car he stomped him sooo bad! i cried! u heard nothing but his poor little body hit the pavement ... i cried so bad after that.

Bennett121
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:19 AM

crying 

Why are people so horrible?

Becca_C
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:21 AM

This makes me sick! I hope somebody gets ahold of him in prison!

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:21 AM
I read the story a few days ago. Poor baby.

Sick fuck. I hope he gets what he deserves
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AquarianPath
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:24 AM
My baby is sitting right here next to me..he's going to get extra cuddles. My baby is 2 as well. (He's awake because he is getting his 2 year molars)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhiskerLickins
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I hope someone teaches HIM how to box in jail.  UGH. 

ErikaM27
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:28 AM

what a piece of shit

robinalbright
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:30 AM
i can never understand cases like this how could someone hurt a baby. it makes my so sick. if i was the mother he would not have made it to the jail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.thickie.thick.
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:32 AM

and me either!!! i woulda been calling 911 to tell THEM where to find HIS body! ryne said over and over , how even though shit pisses him off to an extent hed NEVER go to jail over dumb shit , BUT eff w/ his daughter (and other kids we have lol) and he'll be fine going away lol ... i just shake my head , but deep down im like "me too!" lol

Quoting robinalbright:

i can never understand cases like this how could someone hurt a baby. it makes my so sick. if i was the mother he would not have made it to the jail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)