Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

finger printing identification for children have you done this?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:32 AM
  • 10 Replies

Tomorrow I'm going to get vaccinations for my kids. There is going to be a health fair they will offer services for free. They are also offering  finger printing identification for children. Anyone ever done this for their kids?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smalltownmom3
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Yes I have.  My town will do id cards for kids.  They have the picture and the parent info on the card itself.  And then in a seperate envelope they have the full set of the kids finger prints.  It also includes band aids so you can have a record of their blood. 

babipeanut
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:38 AM

yes -when i took my then 6 and 4 yr olds to Mexico.  I had little Id's made up for them with thier birth certificate on one side and a current pic, address, and fingerprints on the other.

.thickie.thick.
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:39 AM

oh i would love to!

my parents had it done for me ... there was like a fair thing lol , around here and they took me and had it done ...

crazyangel_52
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:40 AM

yup, we had our kids done a few days ago along with an updated photos on dvd

proudmomma1986
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:43 AM
I remember when K-mart used to have those little ID things with a picture, your address, and your thumbprint. I still have one from when I was alot younger lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaboudreaux
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:45 AM

No, but I plan to when the next Safety Fair comes to town!!!

atowers
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:48 AM

I will for my son when he's older.  It's the best way for the authorities to identify children heaven forbid something were to happen to them.  I'm thankful that through work I get an Identification Kit at no charge and it comes with a fingerprinting kit and mouth swabbing as well, and it's through a program partnered with the FBI - actually the only one partnered with the FBI.

TexasWife
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:50 AM

I had it for me. I am going to get DS done. When DD gets a little bit older I will get hers done as well.

atowers
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:51 AM

And just an FYI, childrens' identities can be stolen just as well as adults and there have been several instances of people opening bank accounts with children's information.  Identity Theft Protection should be just as important to families as insurance.

ProudSingleMum
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:12 AM

Yep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)