• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just cant decide what to do.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:05 AM
  • 8 Replies

All 3 of my girls start school this year yay we are excited about it but we dont know if we want them in charter school or public school. There are both pros and conns to each of them.

pros of public

about 3 minutes from my place (since i will be going 3 times a day that would be a lot of gas saved)

ranked one of the best in our school didtrict

uniforms will probably be cheaper than buying regular cothes

Cons of public

Bigger class rooms

no coice of after school program for my youngest when I start school

Pros of charter

Smaller classes so more one on one time

no uniforms so wouldnt have to worry about making sure they have their certain shirt clean for the certain day thay have to wear them

Also one of the top schools here

oldder girls went there last yr so they are familiar with the environment

Cons of charter

About 30 minutes from our house so I will waste alot of gas since i would have to go 3 times a day ( drop them off in am, pick my 4 yr old up at noon and pick the older ones up at 2:30

regular clothes would be more expensive

this will be their last yr to be able to go to the charter cause it is only up to the third grade and oldest dd will be in third grade this yr.

Someone help me I just cant decide and I have to figure out what I plan on doing by tuesday cause thats when they have registration for public.

Photobucket

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ErikaM27
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:09 AM

I would do public. It is ranked one of the best in the district. Over all I think it would be a better choice.

jmsbowtie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Ugg tough choice Momma I would lean towards public because A) it's close to home B) sounds like you would have to switch your oldest next year anyway C) would they be in school with friends from your neighborhood?

mommyto3girlies
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:13 AM

They dont have any friends from the neighborhood. There are 3 of them so they usually always play them 3 together or at their cousins house.

jmsbowtie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Public school might help them make some neighborhood friends then if that's something you are wanting them to do then I would definitely lean more towards public

mommyto3girlies
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:39 AM

BUMP!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:40 AM

I'd say public.

remaining_me
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:51 AM

all of this and sounds better for your budget.. good luck.

Quoting jmsbowtie:

Ugg tough choice Momma I would lean towards public because A) it's close to home B) sounds like you would have to switch your oldest next year anyway C) would they be in school with friends from your neighborhood?

mommyto3girlies
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:46 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)