• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dresses

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have been looking at dresses for the last few days, and i keep going back to this one. I LOVE it, but at the same time i think it would not look good on me as im a +sized girl. I am hoping to lose a good amount of weight before our wedding though.  So tell me what you think. Do you agree, or do you think it will/would look fine if it is the dress i end up getting.

How it scrunches up in the middle, is what makes me think it would not look good on a plus sized woman.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jmsbowtie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:21 AM

I am thinking maybe the scrunch will help to hide the tummy?  I think it's a very pretty dress...go try it on or one similar to it...I am a bigger girl too and the dress that I fell in love with for my wedding my mother was dead set against because she thought it would look bad because I am bigger and I insisted on trying it on and well yeah she was wrong it looked amazing too bad we decided to elope after that...Good luck and Best wishes on your wedding

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:22 AM

I would go try on that style at your present size and see how it fits.  I think the way the scrunches are, it may actually hide the tummy.

MaeHamMomma
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:24 AM

I think it is a tummy hiding dress, but I could be wrong.

SaraBara76
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:26 AM
Don't ever doubnt a wedding dress till you actually try it on, you'll never know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I think the scrunching will hide tummy flaws. Get a good corseted type garment to wear under it and you'll be beautiful! (from one plus-sized mommy to another)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)