Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hot August Nights!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:28 AM
  • 12 Replies

Our annual car show is in town! I don't usually go because the traffic is crazy for the entire week that it happens but an impromptu opportunity arose and I want to share pics!

They "cruise" every night down the main street in the two downtown areas here, but there are places all over town where all the cars are parked and you can just walk around and look at them... huge parking lots. We had 6000 classic cars this year!

Yay! They closed out the parade with fireworks, I don't know if they do the fireworks everynight... maybe just cause it was friday, who knows. The show ends Sunday.

I took this on the way out of the parking garage, this whole level was just classic cars but my husband wouldn't let me take photos at leisure. We had to beat the crazies out of the garage. Lol.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmsbowtie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:35 AM

Awesome...I so need to remember about this event next time I try and talk hubby into going on a trip that way...it's one of the things we want to do...

jmsbowtie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Ps totally love the yellow chevy

GavinsMommii
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:39 AM

I haven't been to Hot August Nights in years!  Good memories.  I may have to talk the hubby in to takin a little trip to Reno this weekend!

MKSmom09
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:41 AM

Wow! All of the men in my family would have a fit! They all LOVE cars especially the older ones!

ramblermama
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:43 AM
Im not a big fan of han..
Midnight mass (last weekend) is my favorite show!! Too many boydiand and gold chainers at han but a good show i you arent xrazy into the cars like me an dh are lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:43 AM

That's awesome.  We have a whole folder here on my computer with our annual car show, but it is called Cool Desert Nights, lol...we were at the show in the daytime tho, we got awesome pics too :)

MrsDuNn06
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:47 AM

we were there yesterday! we stayed at the siena? but we went to circus circus and watched the cruise on virgina street. i heard they arent doing hot august nights in reno anymore :( its suppose to be in so cal next year.

scm1983
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:49 AM

i luv hot august nights in reno! I used to live in susanville which is about hour and half to 2 hrs away so we'd always drive to reno for some action! i miss reno!

lady_kira
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I hear that rumor all the time, not necessarily in CA but that we aren't doing it anymore. I don't know if there's any truth to it but I've never seen it happen.

Quoting MrsDuNn06:

we were there yesterday! we stayed at the siena? but we went to circus circus and watched the cruise on virgina street. i heard they arent doing hot august nights in reno anymore :( its suppose to be in so cal next year.

Sorry, I forgot I wrote this post until this morning.

GracieLullaby27
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Awe dangit!!! My dad was in Reno just a couple weekends ago for work...too bad he wasn't there for the car show. he loves love loves classic cars

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)