Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH I HATE MY NEIGHBORS they called 911 on me.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:56 AM
  • 51 Replies

We live on the second story apt, there is a washing machine in the apt, making noise, my son sometime I don't know turned on our shower and then left the room with the plug in the tub, I came into the bath room with a 1/2 inch of water of the bathroom floor, so I quickly started cleaning it up, my son  was in the living room, I thought he just went pee I didn't know he could turn on the shower. anyways our new down stair neighbors bang on the door and say they are getting water in their apt I apologies and assure them that the leak has stopped, he gives me lip I understand he is upset, then he knocks again 10 mins later and asks if I  called someone to stop the leak I told him that there wasn't a leak and the water should of stopped or would be stopping, said I am truly sorry again, (my bathroom was already dry), 10 mins later another knock, I think he came back like 4 times, then 15 mins later the FIRE DEPARTMENT was at my door asking if I had a leak, I explained to them, and they asked to see my apt, I showed it to them and explained that the wet towels were already in the washer, I heard the shower running when my machine stopped, I know the guy had a right to be mad but really calling the fire department. I also feel like a complete idiot and am so stressed over this that I can't seem to fall asleep someone please help me, not so much that my son did that though I am pissed its that my neighbor is being such an ass and I hate having to deal with assholes, we just moved in three months ago so that means we are stuck with these people for at least another 9 months, I loved this place up to tonight. The thing was he wouldn't let it go!!! He kept telling me I had to go into his apt, I wasn't dressed and my son was put to bed without a shower because I was so stressed cleaning up the mess. I kept the chain on my door the whole time until the fire department came, by that time I had gotten more dress because I was sick of him knocking on my door every 10 mins. He wouldn't let it go. I don't understand, why he called the fire department, NOW if a plumber knocked on my door, I could understand, or the manager called, maintenance showed up (we have 24 maintenance for emergencies in this place) but no the fire department, and the fire truck came with sirens on which alerted all the other neighbors.  He just made a mountain out of a mole hill, plus why did he want me to go to his apt, I don't know was I suppose to clean it up he said he was running out of contaners to catch the leaking water but then he changed his story and said it was running down the walls and he couldn't catch it in the bucket, then he said it wasn't that bad then he said it was really bad, every time he wanted me to leave my apt, I am sorry you are a strange man and I saw the stuff you moved into your apt I am a single mother I am not going into your apt. The firefighter was chewing gum and knocked on my door, I laughed a nervous laugh because I was thinking WTF, quickly said that my son had put water on our bathroom floor, I cleaned it up, they asked to see my bathroom, walked in there didn't even touch the floor or anything to see if it was wet, didn't pull the shower current back to look in the tub nothign, shrugged their shoulders, while popping thier gum and just said it must have been alot of water he spilled. then they said good night.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowpeasmom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:56 AM
My son just turn 3.
anity
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:00 AM
ugh. neighbors... sometimes you just have to forget they exist
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudSingleMum
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:01 AM

crap happens. You apologized, so I say let it go.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:17 AM

LOL  the life with a child.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:22 AM

If I were you, I'd be calling the apartment manager in the morning to complain about HIM.

TSNDDY
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:25 AM

Quoting wickedfiress:

If I were you, I'd be calling the apartment manager in the morning to complain about HIM.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GavinsMommii
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:26 AM

ugh that sucks!  I so do not miss apartment living.  We had the neighbor from hell next to us.  We had a cop knock on our door one morning while I was cooking breakfast, my hubby answered the door and the cop said that a neighbor called  because there was a "smell" coming from our apartment, then the cop said "but all I smell is eggs" lol he said the neighbor made it out to be like there was a dead body rotting in the apartment next to him. I hope your neighbor was just having a bad day and he doesn't turn out to be the neighbor from hell!

daughterofearth
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:27 AM

im just glad you weren't dumb enough to fully open your door or go down to his place. that doesn't sound right to me. i would call your manager in the morning, explain what happened, you son accidentaly flooded your bathroom, on a minor scale, and tell him about your nieghbor being a strange weirdo asshole. let them know it freaked you out, and that he took excessive action. make sure there is a record of it, just in case somthing ever did happen, kwim?

snowpeasmom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:31 AM

Thank you, I wish I could complain to the manager but I am afraid I am the one that is going to hear the ear full.

jenn_p
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:35 AM

wow... thats crazy. I would not try to escalate the situation because this can get out of hand. I would let it go. You apologized...maybe the guy is someone who has to make a very clear point that he is upset. Time usually deescalates things. I would just continue like it didnt happen.

on a side note! It will be a memory you will love to share with your son when he is older and laugh about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)