Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working W/ Suck Ups!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:11 AM
  • 44 Replies

Ugh... I hate kiss A$$es...sorry for language...but really why do people feel the need to kiss butt sooooooooo much...sorry just a quick vent.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
queenchula
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:12 AM

I agree with you OP.

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:13 AM

well if it helps them climb the corporate ladder.....thats about the easiest way to go

jenn_p
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:39 AM

idk...suckin butt seems like more work to me...

Quoting maciymommieof3:

well if it helps them climb the corporate ladder.....thats about the easiest way to go

robinalbright
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:46 AM
i was a as you say suck up at work(recently took a leave) but it helped me ALOT in less than a year i was a supervisor. all a suck up is, is some one that knows they need to earn there right to be working there and showing they are willing to in the extra mile to move up in the company.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn_p
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:54 AM

no.. this is a hard worker IMO.

Quoting robinalbright:

i was a as you say suck up at work(recently took a leave) but it helped me ALOT in less than a year i was a supervisor. all a suck up is, is some one that knows they need to earn there right to be working there and showing they are willing to in the extra mile to move up in the company.

robinalbright
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:57 AM
OKAY what do you think is the differance in a suck up and a hard worker?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:58 AM

Jealousy is unbecoming.

jenn_p
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:03 AM

Hard worker- someone who is willing to do their job to the maximum and get the job done. Someone who is dedicated.

Suck-up- someone who looks for other means to get brownie points to look like they are a good worker. For example, buying gifts, buying lunch, finding a way to make other workers look bad.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Your definition of "suck up" is what I would call "a nice person."

jenn_p
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:06 AM

unsure what you mean by this statement. but if it is to claim that i am jealous, your sadly mistaken.

I am an HR Manager and I care about my employees. When I see someone kissing butt and making other workers look like they are not doing their job..when i know they are...it ticks me off.

Quoting wickedfiress:

Jealousy is unbecoming.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)