Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I said free, they were told $50, I got $80! (Photo Shoot)

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:37 AM
  • 87 Replies

Poll

Question: Keeping in mind there are lots more images to process, would you pay someone $80 to take these pictures?

Options:

No

Yes

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 124

View Results

I was asked to take some quincenera portraits for someone. As I am still very much so a beginner and just practicing to get into photography in the future I said sure, free. My sister in law told them (it's her relatives) that I'd charge $50 for my time and such. I didn't know this. I took the pictures today and granted, they showed up 2 hours late so we had to rush the shots, I think it came out decent for a free shoot. They said they were told I charged $50 and I said no I meant free it must have been a miscommunication. They said I deserve to get paid for it. They gave me money after talking together and said thank you. They said it's a bit extra but I didn't check it. I checked it when I got home and they paid me $80! I'm going to call and make sure they meant to give me thaat much cause it seems like ALOT, but here are a few of the shots. I've got to process the rest but I had to process some tonight so I kno what I'm in for lol.

I'm still working on getting this first one right. Theres lots of factors in this one and it's late haha.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DallasGirl214
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:40 AM
Those are beautiful. I think they got a hell of a deal IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn_p
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:41 AM

yes...they are nice

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:43 AM

I agree they got a deal! You did good. I just wish SHE wouldn't smile like that lol idk it bugs me lmao.

crysjuls
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:44 AM
Those are good! :) I don't like the forced smile she has tho. But I def think you could have gotten paid more! I'm also an aspiring photographer. I took my cousin's quincenera photos as well. But did them for free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:45 AM
That's a good deal.

Why did she take the pics with her glasses though? She looked better without them.

And I agree with a pp about the smile lol bugs me too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pandorasbox69
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:45 AM
They are beautiful I would hire you and that's a huge deal!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudSingleMum
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:49 AM

They're very nicely done. I'd say 80 is less than a lot of people would charge. 

mommyof3boys567
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:52 AM

Omg me too! You did a great job but I would have been pissed if my daughter kept making that fake smile lol

Quoting chiquis:

I agree they got a deal! You did good. I just wish SHE wouldn't smile like that lol idk it bugs me lmao.

Flyterbut
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:53 AM

The smile is weird but she kept doing it haha. And we took some without her glasses but SHE kept insisting she wanted them on and they were part of her so I understood and snapped away with them on. I ended up using a flash later when it got darker and asked her to take em off for the flash though. She just cannot see without them so I don't think she was comfortable with them off. Thanks for the compliments ladies, I'm feeling like they look worse than I thought they would so it's nice to see some nice words here!

thisloveofmine
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:55 AM

I would definitely pay 80. I used a beginner once and she charged me 70 and to be honest, she did a pretty horrible job and the whole thing was pretty unprofessional. She also edited them herself and it was awful. I asked her for the origionals and luckily she had them and gave them to me and I edited them myself Maybe a quarter of them were usable but those turned out really well so I did end up pleased with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)