Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I expect?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

Jazzy (my almost 4 year old) hit his head on the dresser when he was jumping on the bed.  He fell asleep at the hospital while he was getting two stitches.  He did great, but poor baby!  We just need to put antibiotics on his noggin twice a day, Tylenol when needed.  

He's gotten bumps, bruises and scratches before.  This is my first kid to get stitches.  *Sigh.  It had to happen sooner or later.  We gotta take him back in 7 to 10 days to take 'em out. 

Anyone have any experience with that?  What should I expect when they take the stitches out?  

Life is hard, and God is good.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:03 AM

They let him fall asleep after hitting his head? No concussion then?

Expect him to try and scratch at them. Getting stitches removed isn't  a huge deal. Have you ever ripped a seam out of a garment? It's the same thing. They snip them, and pull 'em out!

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:05 AM

No Clue but is his name really jazzy or is that short for soemthing?  DD we call Jassy short for Jasmine LOL.   She has yet to need stitches and she is 4.  I hope your little one feels better soon.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Keep his hands off the stitches as much as possible, and when they take them out, it's no big deal - just keep him calm and they'll talk him, and you, through it as they work.

jollymommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:53 PM

thank youThank you ladies!blowing kisses

jollymommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Jazzy is short for Jaazaniah Azrael.  His name is crazy because we picked out the meaning of his name and then found a language we liked it in. It means "God hears-God helps".  I got toximia with him and had to be on bed rest.  People from our church brought my family dinner everyday.  One woman made me a sack lunch everyday that included a note of encouragement.  And 3 different people watched my older two.  AND My husband lost his job when I was pregnant with him, and we managed to stay afloat for several months because people and our church helped us out.  

Quoting frndlyfn:

No Clue but is his name really jazzy or is that short for soemthing?  DD we call Jassy short for Jasmine LOL.   She has yet to need stitches and she is 4.  I hope your little one feels better soon.

JMVITT
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:03 PM

He will be fine momma.  I had an incident when I was 5....I went head first into a cement tunnel at school.  I don't remember getting the stitches out but I have a permanant scar on my head. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)