Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your child doesn't like to share, then they are ill raised.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:32 AM
  • 107 Replies

or so a "friend" says.  She told one of our mutual friends (which happens to be my best friend) that she didn't want her child playing with mine because she is ill raised.  My BF inquired about why she thought that (because she is far from it) and she told her because she doesn't really know how to share. WTF??  My dd  turned 2 in April, and already uses most manner words...She is an only child, so normally, she doesn't have to share.  Pfft..

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:36 AM
Huh?? Are you saying a 2 year old doesn't need to have to share with other kids?? I'm confused.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charmgirl
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:37 AM

lol well obviously you wouldnt want your child around hers because her child is learning to be judgemental from her mother...

i really just wanted to say that that is the cutest picture ever.

livewell
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:38 AM

It is totally NORMAL for them not to share at that age and FORCED sharing is DAMAGING.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Sharing is definitely something a child should be taught early, and since she's an only child you need to make her share with you, her father, grandparents, etc......So that she is not an embarassment when it comes time to play with other kids.

livewell
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:39 AM

TOOOO RIGHT LOL (about the picture too :)

Quoting charmgirl:

lol well obviously you wouldnt want your child around hers because her child is learning to be judgemental from her mother...

i really just wanted to say that that is the cutest picture ever.

Changing your shopping habits can put more food on your table. Ask me how.

kymomma1974
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:42 AM
Well dang she is 2...she hasnt had that long in life to work on sharing....lol..umm..sorry momma but that so called friend sounds like a judgmental bitty. and as for her being an only child...yup it does play a big role in her sharing. im an only child..im 35..and well some days i dont wann share..lol....seriously..dont worry momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kymomma1974
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:43 AM
Well dang she is 2...she hasnt had that long in life to work on sharing....lol..umm..sorry momma but that so called friend sounds like a judgmental bitty. and as for her being an only child...yup it does play a big role in her sharing. im an only child..im 35..and well some days i dont wann share..lol....seriously..dont worry momma! she will get used to sharing right now she is still learning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:44 AM
Sorry op but when my dd was 2 yrs old, she was expected to share. Why would you think a 2 yr old doesn't need to share?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemysnugbugs
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Almost every 2 year old I know has a little difficulty with sharing...I'm sure she'll learn to share eventually.  I wouldn't want to be around a judgmental person like that anyway.

Tatumsmommy0123
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:47 AM

She is expected to share, but my point is that just because she doesn't really know how to play with other kids her age, doesn't mean that she is ill raised.  She does have to share with me and whoever else she plays with.  But really,when she played with the other kid, he wanted EVERYTHING that she touched. 

Quoting nomadbrat83:

Sorry op but when my dd was 2 yrs old, she was expected to share. Why would you think a 2 yr old doesn't need to share?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)