Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suggestions, please!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:20 AM
  • 9 Replies

My 9 month old has been trying to drink out of her brother's cups lately. Don't know if you guys know what they are but they are the Tummy Tickler bottles/sippies that come with juice in them.

Anyways. I can see she is ready for a cup but the Nuby one I have for her leaks HORRIBLY and she can't seem to get anything to come out of the Tummy Ticklers her brother has.

Subbestions? Please?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I like the Gerber ones with the soft tip those were great for my son like these

Gerber Graduates Sip & Smile Soft Spout Spill-Proof Cups 7oz, Color and Design May Vary

PandTsmomjuly
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:27 AM

GREAT! Thank you, I'll have to get some :-D

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Gerber Graduates Sip & Smile Soft Spout Spill-Proof Cups 7oz, Color and Design May Vary

lyrick24
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:29 AM

try the nuk ones

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:29 AM

No prob. Cool thing for if she is teething. These were the only soft tip cups my son couldn't chew through. He chewed every NUBY or clear tip sippy we had 

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

monichella71787
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:31 AM
My son loves the nuk ones. Those are the only ones he used for a long time. They are transition from the bottle to the sippy cup. Kind of pricey, but works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PandTsmomjuly
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:32 AM

That's our problem. She just cut in both bottoms and is getting at least 1 top >.< I think she chewed a hole in the Nuby cup....

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

No prob. Cool thing for if she is teething. These were the only soft tip cups my son couldn't chew through. He chewed every NUBY or clear tip sippy we had 

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

MamaCarley
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:34 AM

i started my DD out on those nuby's too. and they were awful... we switched to the straw type... because they didn't leak, and she could manage to suck out of it, the problem with that was teaching her to use a regular sippy when the time came... because she wouldn't tip it up... 

These were what we used for her.... she started them at about 8 months old... 

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:42 AM

What brand are these and where did you get them? I am looking for a good straw cup for my son because he is showing a lot of interest in them, but I cannot find one that doesn't leak it it lays on the side.

Quoting MamaCarley:

i started my DD out on those nuby's too. and they were awful... we switched to the straw type... because they didn't leak, and she could manage to suck out of it, the problem with that was teaching her to use a regular sippy when the time came... because she wouldn't tip it up... 

MamaCarley
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Walmart.. think they have them at Target as well. i never had a problem with these leaking. They are NUBY brand as well. they are just a bit more substantially built than their sippy cups. 

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

What brand are these and where did you get them? I am looking for a good straw cup for my son because he is showing a lot of interest in them, but I cannot find one that doesn't leak it it lays on the side.

Quoting MamaCarley:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)