Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Godstar has to be deleted......

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM
  • 48 Replies
Yes, it might come as a shock, but employers google for some reason, and what they see under my name is hindering my employment opportunities. I worked hard to get my beliefs out there, but it did not have the positive effects I expected. So, I decided to clean up my name, and it starts by deleting several profiles I made on the web over the last few years from cafemom to myspace. I will be back though....;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SinfulBliss
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I have bad news for you on that front mama- deleting it doesn't make it go away. Even after you delete- go to Spokeo.com and 123people.com and type in your name- or type Godstar into Google and your CM posts will still be there. Unfortunate, but true.

I wish you luck though.

hautemama83
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Yup pretty much. 

Quoting SinfulBliss:

I have bad news for you on that front mama- deleting it doesn't make it go away. Even after you delete- go to Spokeo.com and 123people.com and type in your name- or type Godstar into Google and your CM posts will still be there. Unfortunate, but true.

I wish you luck though.

annie610
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:41 AM

YES for sure

Just_Bethy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Well, if your employers can't see under the quirkiness and see what a wonderful woman you are...I am sorry...There are many people outside the box ..(I am one of them myself)...and people have all kinds of opinions...but if they really look deeper..they would see what amazing women the "odd" ones truly are and how we make a difference and make for a more interesting world!!! Blessed Be  xxx

Blessed Lammas

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Eh deleting doesn't make it go away..  Which is why people say watch what you say on the internet but good luck  :)

ForeverInLove
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:01 AM
I'm wondering how employers know what your name even is?

As in, how do they know that I am me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:01 AM
And, I know some sites you can just type in the persons name, but they can't type in my name on goggle and just see me. I've done it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherhall29
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:02 AM

aww why would they look up your internet profiles?

christina0607
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Your real name is Godstar?

Hasn't anyone ever told you to never use your real name for anything? Not even facebook or your email.

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:03 AM
Seriously...how do they know? Did you sign up using your real name? Because I didn't! Nor my real email address.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

I'm wondering how employers know what your name even is?

As in, how do they know that I am me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)