Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you taken the GED test?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:00 AM
  • 37 Replies

What advice would you give? Was it easy to pass? Does someone who just doesn't "get" math have a chance at passing?

Group Owner of Crunchy Mama Contests!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sandy418
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Absolutely. Make sure you study, google sample ged tests for your state. I had to learn algrebra but there were no algebra questions. Simple math.

82ndairbornewif
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:03 AM
Yes! I took it years ago (tested out of HS a year early) and math was myt worst subject very hard for me I did great on the Ged scores, passed w no issues just grab a study guide! GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I am kinda depressed today taking the sample tests. I got a 40% on the math part :(
I hope I get a "simple math" test!

Quoting Sandy418:

Absolutely. Make sure you study, google sample ged tests for your state. I had to learn algrebra but there were no algebra questions. Simple math.

mommas3cubs
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I dunno I graduated high school.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I get numbers mixed up. Numbers are a HUGE problem for me. I see double numbers where there are only 1, I get them reversed in my head.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Ok, good for you for having the opportunity. Why open and comment on a post clearly stating "Have you taken the GED test?"

Quoting mommas3cubs:

I dunno I graduated high school.

noahscott
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:07 AM

yea.. it was easy! if you can add and subtract you can pass.. just take your time.. and they give you PLENTY of time!

NickiNavarro
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I never took it. Don't know if I will. I have a few things to do before I'm eligible to take the test I think. I think I have to take a government test first. Good luck though.

mom23boys679
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Are you able to take the classes? I know it might be hard as a mom to get to, but I had a friend who took them and she said the second time around it was easier because she had someone helping her thru it.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Ok, that's good to hear. Every other subject will be siimple for me, but the math test I see online are impossible!

Quoting noahscott:

yea.. it was easy! if you can add and subtract you can pass.. just take your time.. and they give you PLENTY of time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)