Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:09 AM
  • 3 Replies

I am having a horrible time getting my newborn to sleep at night. He was sleeping good but now has his days and nights mixed up. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lea.Taylor
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:14 AM
he's about a week and a half old. I just wanna nip this in the butt early
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Mine did that when they were going through a growth spurt. Try keeping the house bright and loud during the day, and close the drapes and keep it quieter (not totally quiet, just calmer), at night, and that should help some. But it's pretty normal for everything to be haywire this early on, anyway.

ShadowRaven
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:29 PM

1. When he's ready to sleep, make the room as dark and quiet as possible. When he's awake, keep things bright and noisy. This will teach him that nighttime is for sleeping.

2. Once you have him straightened out there, teach him the difference between nap and bedtime. When it's bedtime, keep things dark and quiet, especially during feedings. When it's naptime, keep things bright and continue about your normal (and noisy) routine. This will also help him learn to sleep through most noise. I went to great lengths to make sure that my ds could sleep through anything, and it definitely paid off. He can sleep through fireworks being shot off right outside his bedroom window lol.

It may take a couple of weeks to get him switch around, but this is exactly what I was told to do and it does work. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)