Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Six Volunteering doctors were killed in Afgan

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:52 AM
  • 7 Replies

Those Dr.s were unarmed. Yes, they belong to a Christain group, but they didn't promote nor trying to convert anyone to Christainity.   They were executed by the Taliban.

Now, for those extreme liberalism, I have nothing against your belief,which is the US started the war because we came into their countries first, I have one question for you: if the situation was reversed, if a group of Taliban or Afgan or Iranians coming to America to do volunteer work, would they be killed by your own fellow men, what do you think we would treat them?

Which countries do you think have the most percentage of its citizens volunteering to help others? The USA, Canada, Australia or the European countries or the Middle Eastern countries?  And why is it so?

It time to wake up and see the world for what it is.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:54 AM
There's no question that the Taliban is a terrible group and they need to be destroyed. It doesn't matter how liberal one is, I'm pretty sure we are all anti-terrorism.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:57 AM

There is a huge difference. The Taliban is known to be in that area as a huge threat. They are an extremist group who uses violence.
There are probably equal amounts of people volunteering in every area of the world. One thing to keep in mind is $$$. Americans have more money on average and can afford to go volunteer in other countries than a citizen of Afghanistan to use your example. Most families there are trying to not be killed by the Taliban, trying to figure out how to get food for their family.
Everything is not black and white as you seem to think!
And what should people come volunteer here for? Even in cases of natural disasters, other countries jump in and offer aide, but thankfully this country has the funds so that we are in the position to deny any offers of help!

Group Owner of Crunchy Mama Contests!

lovingwifey
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I just saw that on Yahoo news, it is heart breaking.  Those docs were trying to hoep, thats it.  I do not care what/who you are.  I really wish EVERYONE was against terrorism, but apparently that is not the case.  which is sad.

lovingwifey
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM

yep!

Quoting MIA0223:

There is a huge difference. The Taliban is known to be in that area as a huge threat. They are an extremist group who uses violence.
There are probably equal amounts of people volunteering in every area of the world. One thing to keep in mind is $$$. Americans have more money on average and can afford to go volunteer in other countries than a citizen of Afghanistan to use your example. Most families there are trying to not be killed by the Taliban, trying to figure out how to get food for their family.
Everything is not black and white as you seem to think!
And what should people come volunteer here for? Even in cases of natural disasters, other countries jump in and offer aide, but thankfully this country has the funds so that we are in the position to deny any offers of help!

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Pretty sure everyone is against terrorism. The Taliban actually prey on uneducated, illiterate people to join them. It's sad to say that too many people join because they just don't know any better. That is why education is being pushed so hard in Afghanistan. That will probably be the biggest thing they can do to fight the Taliban.

Quoting lovingwifey:

I just saw that on Yahoo news, it is heart breaking.  Those docs were trying to hoep, thats it.  I do not care what/who you are.  I really wish EVERYONE was against terrorism, but apparently that is not the case.  which is sad.

Group Owner of Crunchy Mama Contests!

lovingwifey
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I guess I used the wrong words.  Education is veery important, I really do hope things get better!

Quoting MIA0223:

Pretty sure everyone is against terrorism. The Taliban actually prey on uneducated, illiterate people to join them. It's sad to say that too many people join because they just don't know any better. That is why education is being pushed so hard in Afghanistan. That will probably be the biggest thing they can do to fight the Taliban.

Quoting lovingwifey:

JTR0315
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:14 AM

I agree. That is why when the communist comes into power, the first things they did were confiscate all weapons from the citizens, burn all books, literatures, send all the people who are well-educated such as Dr., lawyers, teachers ..etc. to concentration camp, re-education camp or death camp even.  And one more thing, who were the first to die when the communist was in power, gay and lesbian and others who voices opposition or question to  that of the government's ideas and policies.

Quoting lovingwifey:

I guess I used the wrong words.  Education is veery important, I really do hope things get better!

Quoting MIA0223:

Quoting lovingwifey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)