Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horror film previews?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:19 PM
  • 2 Replies

What kind of world do we live in when 4 out of 5 previews for a movie are for horror films and the 1 that isn't is for a super hero type film? It's like we're digging a tunnel to Hell and then yelling for a hero to save us. I went to see Salt last night with the DH and spent most of last night unable to actually close my eyes and sleep because of the previews. I don't particularly like horror films but what is it with our society and liking to be scared? I mean, a Exorcism movie, some weird movie, something like Paranormal Activity looking thing (I don't really know by that time I told DH to cover my eyes cuz I didn't even want to see) and something that flat out says what it is, Devil. Why? It kinda ruined the movie experience for me. Although Salt was an excellent movie but do we really need to see that kind of thing everytime we go to the movies? Seriously? All I could think is what if some parent had brought their 13 year old to see Albany, NY in a movie cuz we live here and it's cool to see us on film? Why should a kid have to sit through that?

Sorry to rant but it just irritates me a lot.

Click Here September 2010 Babies Mod

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LuvMyPenguins
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:21 PM

It's about that time of the year though... October is rounding the corner so all of the horror films that will be out during that time are being previewed now. I dunno, I love horror movies but it's been a long time since I've seen a good one.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:30 PM

I think horror films increase in popularity when life sucks in general, since they provide a great escape from the real world, just like the rise in fantasy flicks and vampire genre films. And, like the previous poster said, the previews are generally for films coming out in the next few months, and Halloween is just a couple of months away.

They put up parental warnings before each preview, just as they do the film, so even if a 13yo was there, the parents could have taken them out before the preview ran if they didn't want them to see it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)