• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is why girls dont report their rapes!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:40 PM
  • 42 Replies

Long story short.....My sister was raped 2 years ago this october by someone who we thought of as another brother.. He was always at our house, spending the night b/c he was my brothers friend. He's a fat slob.  We were all at my brothers drinking for a halloween party, She was dressed as a gorilla with a tutu on so she was showing literally nothing! She got too cold at my brothers and her rapist offered to take her home, but after she was in the car, said he was too drunk to drive her home, if she could just stay at his house...>She said yes b/c she thought she'd be safe....She passed out on his couch and woke up to him on top of her, she kicked him in the chest, fought him off of her.....He told her to get in the car and he'd take her home....She did b/c she was scared of him now.....Part time cops wanted to go get him asap, detective said no bc he was on vacation, wait til monday....6 months passed and they finally picked him up! NOW almost 2 years later from the day this happened, he had his sentencing....He went with the plea bargain and pleaded "no contest". The DA told my sister that he would get jail time, so she was okay with this....that way she didnt have to relive that day all over again. He got NO JAIL TIME, not even a f*cking day!!!!! He only got 2 1/2 years probation and 10 years oin Meghans law for indescent assault! Thats it!!!! Basically a free damn man.....This goes to show that this court system is so f*cked up! My sister thougt of suicide many times, blamed herself, and became very depressed and is still and he got to walk free for almost 2 years and now for the rest of his life after committing rape! The DA said that its so hard to get rape on someone b/c they had physically beat you up. Thats bullshit! Physical marks will fade, but mental images will NEVER go away......they still beat you up one way or another....im so pissed off its unreal. I could have punched the judge but i walked out of the court room in tears, as well as the rest of my family, as his family walked out in smiles. Even a man outside the courtroom said that it was bullshit he got away with it....and if it had been his daughter he would have strangled this man.........I hope Tommy (rapist) Lives his life in fear that maybe my brother might get him, since he has already lived that way since this happened, having his uncle walk around the house to make sure my brother wasnt there, or not sitting by the window for fear my brother might come by and shoot him (brother would never do)....Just imagine the fear now.

My letter to him:

Dear tommy, I hope you live your every day life in fear, not knowing what may happen to you if you run into the wrong person of if those other girls you raped come forward to their families. As you lived your life as if you did nothing wrong, my sister lead her life thinking that death was her only way to get rid of the pain. How is that Fair? What you did, killed a part of my sister. I remember for days and weeks, hell even months, she wouldnt smile.......I'd see her at the computer trying to hide her tears from everyone....I listened to her tell me how she hates herself and how she feels worthless, all awhile you ran your fucking mouth and told everyone that you were gonna get off with probation.....How did you know this? Is this why you kept coming up with reasons as to why you couldnt make it to court, and why the kept falling for your excuses? Was it because you wanted to give your lawyer more time to be prepared? There will come a time where you will rape yet another girl, and that girl will come forward, and you will wind up in prison b/c you have a record.....Your family knew all along what type of monster you were, and now looking back, i should have known as well. I hope you rot in hell Thomas Miller and I hope that you get whats coming to you.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM

That is so sad what happened to her and that the guy wasn't arrested and charged sooner.

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Im sorry for your sister... The System is TOTALLY fucked up and some cops just don't give a fuck!!! A rape with no PHYSICAL Injuries is just a girl who changed her mind! You have to be beaten up and have SIGNS of rape for them to actually do something!!!! Its sickening and Horrible!!! But He WILL get what comes to him someday.. They always do one way or another!!!!!

thisloveofmine
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Seriously... :(

harvgal04
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Yeah......its horrible......Ill never understand this....My brothers a big guy and tommy is alraedy scared of him.....We wont let him do anything but ill let tommy think he will

Quoting indianamom1985:

Im sorry for your sister... The System is TOTALLY fucked up and some cops just don't give a fuck!!! A rape with no PHYSICAL Injuries is just a girl who changed her mind! You have to be beaten up and have SIGNS of rape for them to actually do something!!!! Its sickening and Horrible!!! But He WILL get what comes to him someday.. They always do one way or another!!!!!

WhitleyLyles
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Yep that is pretty fucked dp.

MommyRoz1988
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Its so sad how it works. Im so sorry for your family.

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Oh my neice was Molested and The guy KNOWS that when he gets out that my brother is on the look out for him and WILL kill him if he sees him!!

Quoting harvgal04:

Yeah......its horrible......Ill never understand this....My brothers a big guy and tommy is alraedy scared of him.....We wont let him do anything but ill let tommy think he will

Quoting indianamom1985:

CafeMom Tickers

TOMUCH_2FAST
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:53 PM

thats sad. and so is the system they are hard and do off the wall punishments for  little things and then nothing for huge life changing this like this. that guy deserves to die or spend the rest of his life in prison. 

harvgal04
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:54 PM

im so sorry about your neice.....that guy deserves to be killed...

Quoting indianamom1985:

Oh my neice was Molested and The guy KNOWS that when he gets out that my brother is on the look out for him and WILL kill him if he sees him!!

Quoting harvgal04:

Quoting indianamom1985:

HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I am so so sorry for your sister and your family.

I know the feel of being helpless. I was raped in my own bed. I woke up to a 'friend' of a friend on top of me. I was so upset I took 4 showers the next day before I would leave my house. The thing I did was call the cops. They told me since there was no physical evidence that it would be my word against his, and it sounded like I was drunk and made a poor decision. While I was talking to the cops he was telling every one I knew that he 'banged me' last night.

I lost my boyfriend, who was convinced I was a cheating whore. Most of my friends because they thought I was telling lies about him. And he got to walk around a free man. Last I heard he was a engaged to the girl he was dating when he raped me and has two daughters.. It makes me sick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)