Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Un-Licensed Home Daycare

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:54 PM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: would you?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 47

View Results

would you put your child in one? Just curious

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommas3cubs
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Hell no, I think it is irresponsible as a parent to do that.

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I think it depends. If it was like a family member or a friend and I trusted them, sure, but if it was some random person or someone suggested to me, probably not.

lilblu399
by Tamika on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Nope, even if it was a friend, I'd be super suspicious to as why my friend could not get a license, same goes for a family member...

heatherbug82
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:57 PM
This

Quoting Mipsy:

I think it depends. If it was like a family member or a friend and I trusted them, sure, but if it was some random person or someone suggested to me, probably not.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcsg
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I technically use one.  She isn't someone I just found on craigslist or anything.  I've known her for years and she use to work for the YMCA doing daycare and after school care.  (that's how we met actually)  She had to stop working to take care of her disabled older brother.  Now, he goes to work and therapy during the day and she watches a few kids.  My kids love her and I trust her completely. 

Avasmom326
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:01 PM

It really just depends. There was a girl here where I live that I thought about taking DD to. She wasn't licensed but had some great referrals.  Around here you don't have to be licensed unless you have over a certain amoung of children per adult.  If they had over that amount then no I would not.  But some licensed day cares are pretty bad too.

Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I chose other because I will never put any of my children in any daycare.

Amybelle
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Quoting Sportbominable:

uh-oh.................watch out!! Thems fightin' words to some women here!! lol

mommas3cubs
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Quoting Sportbominable:

Yeah me either, but I wasn't gonna go there!

HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Absolutely not.

I am iffy about day cares any way, if it's not absolutely necessary my daughter will never attend one. But if they are unlicensed you basically know nothing about them. Are the CPR certified, first aid knowledgeable? Who knows?

Plus what if something were to happen to your child while in their care and and ambulance needs to be called? Well when you call 911 you get the whole shebang- ambulance, firetruck and, you guessed it, cops. When the cops show up and see ten kids and no childcare license, you are now out of a day care and in trouble with the law for enrolling your children there. No thank you, not worth the risk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)