Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gymnastics...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

My 4 year old wants to do gymnastics and for the life of me I cannot get anybody to tell me how much it costs for lessons. Anybody have their children in gymnastics and can give me a rough estimate how much it costs?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
collegemama2one
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:58 PM

bump

cryssi_renee
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:59 PM

My parents paid $150 a month when I was in it (1989-2000).  I took three classes a week and was on the Competetion Team ( about another $50-$200 per meet).  If you have a YMCA,  the classes may not be very much.

2girlshippiemom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I'm not sure. My granddaughters do dance and cheerleading, my grandsons do a variety of sports...but, it also depends on the place. If it's like really "classy", very professional, or if it's just a regular place without many perks.

PrinceMomma84
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Well, we were looking into the park district in our area but they do not offer a lot of classes. We were signing her up through classes at a different park district (where we used to live) but we moved kinda out of the blue and the new city we live in is smaller and dont offer that much. But we are doing Cheerleading and Dance for her. But she really really really wants gymnastics...lol

Quoting 2girlshippiemom:

I'm not sure. My granddaughters do dance and cheerleading, my grandsons do a variety of sports...but, it also depends on the place. If it's like really "classy", very professional, or if it's just a regular place without many perks.

2girlshippiemom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Something else you could do is go to Google, type in "city, state gymnastics classes" and find some things on that. If you've already done that, sorry that's all I could think of lol.

Quoting PrinceMomma84:

Well, we were looking into the park district in our area but they do not offer a lot of classes. We were signing her up through classes at a different park district (where we used to live) but we moved kinda out of the blue and the new city we live in is smaller and dont offer that much. But we are doing Cheerleading and Dance for her. But she really really really wants gymnastics...lol

Quoting 2girlshippiemom:

vicki77433
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:10 PM

My kids are in recreational gymnastics.  It's $70 a month for each of them.  If they compete when they are older it runs between $200-$350 depending on level.

iluv2meow
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Probably about 30-100 a month depends

AllNaturalMum
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I know our local YMCA has some really affordable gymnastics and dance classes... You might want to look into that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)