Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED STAIN HELP!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I went to the bathroom and DD got into the strawberry syrup and spilled it all over the floor. I've tried cleaning it up as much as I could. Anyone know how to get the rest out? Here is a pic

of course it doesn't look that bad on the pic, however it looks really really bad. So please help!!!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Suz_and_Ash
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:20 PM

For me, oxy clean is the answer to every stain.  It even got out 4 year old spit up stains last week. 

Laceymom08
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:21 PM

I don't have any oxy clean, and I don't have a car right now. I'm flipping out!!

Quoting Suz_and_Ash:

For me, oxy clean is the answer to every stain.  It even got out 4 year old spit up stains last week. 

Suz_and_Ash
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Have you tried lemon juice?  That could help.  Dilute it a bit and let it set in.  Then blot with a damp towel.  Or try vinegar. 

Removing food stains

Removing food stains such as fruit, juice and other water-based food stains is simple with vinegar. Pour vinegar directly through the fabric then rinse in cold water or dip a cloth in vinegar and gently blot until the stain fades away. Vinegar can even be used to brush stains from suede and other soft leathers.

Stubborn stains can be treated with a paste made from vinegar and baking soda. Left to sit on the stain for 30 minutes or longer, it will eat away at the enzymes that cause the stain. Rinse and wash as usual afterward to remove the excess vinegar.

• Removing food stains such as fruit, juice and other water-based food stains is simple with vinegar. Pour vinegar directly through the fabric then rinse in cold water or dip a cloth in vinegar and gently blot until the stain fades away. Vinegar can even be used to brush stains from suede and other soft leathers.

Stubborn stains can be treated with a paste made from vinegar and baking soda. Left to sit on the stain for 30 minutes or longer, it will eat away at the enzymes that cause the stain. Rinse and wash as usual afterward to remove the excess vinegar.
    Laceymom08
    by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:42 PM

i am trying the vinegar and baking soda right now. We'll see if it helps!!

Quoting Suz_and_Ash:

Have you tried lemon juice?  That could help.  Dilute it a bit and let it set in.  Then blot with a damp towel.  Or try vinegar. 

Removing food stains

Removing food stains such as fruit, juice and other water-based food stains is simple with vinegar. Pour vinegar directly through the fabric then rinse in cold water or dip a cloth in vinegar and gently blot until the stain fades away. Vinegar can even be used to brush stains from suede and other soft leathers.

• Removing food stains such as fruit, juice and other water-based food stains is simple with vinegar. Pour vinegar directly through the fabric then rinse in cold water or dip a cloth in vinegar and gently blot until the stain fades away. Vinegar can even be used to brush stains from suede and other soft leathers.

bamababe1975
    by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:15 PM

this works great if you don't have oxyclean or a pet stain remover like nature's miracle on hand

Quoting Suz_and_Ash:

Removing food stains

texassahm
    by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:19 PM

That Oxy Clean stuff works pretty well - I also use Folex, it's so awesome it gets out old blood and pet stains.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)