Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMFG Fin Elliptical !!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

so.... I baught a elliptical.  So now I ahve a eliptical and a stationary bike in the house.  WELL I did the elliptical and I about died!!!!  I had to do 5 min on elliptical then 5 on bike, 5 on elliptical, then 5 on bike, then 3 on elliptical then I died!   HAHA

Those things are such a workout!  My friend says she does 1 hour on hers a burns 500 cals...well I cant make it 5 min with out a break!  And I am in good shape.  I work out ALL the time...WTH!!!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
WhitleyLyles
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:05 PM
I want an elliptical soooo bad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Its a great work out!  I never knew! 

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

I want an elliptical soooo bad!

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Just keep at it, and add time to it slowly as you go. You'll eventually get to the point where it won't wipe you out so much. And I'd take what the friend says with a grain of salt. ;)

Daruth
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I wont one so bad i use to use one when i went to the y and i so badly one to get one of my own sinch i cant go to the y anymore

mom23boys679
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM

The max someone should start out on those things is about 10-15 minutes recommended. I remember how on fire my calves were when I first got one. I went for 30 minutes and I was so, so sore that I couldn't go out running for the next couple of days. 

Mom2BKristy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I do mine for an hour every day too (well maybe thats a lie but atleast 3 days per week)... you'll be able to work up to it.

xXxLillithxXx
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I've always wanted one.

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:21 PM

For those who want one i got my on craigslist for 75 and my bike on criagslist for 100 ... both are in great condition

veganmommy04
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:23 PM

really.  they were always easy for me.  everyone is different though.  out right jogging or running is way harder for me than an elliptical.  and i'm in good shape as well.  things are diff for everyone.  i wish i were a runner :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)