Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's the internet, people lie

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:35 PM
  • 83 Replies

The whole reason people get on the Internet is for anonymity.  ALOT of people lie, most likely everyone who is online lies about something.
I dont understand why so many people get so angry about it. Especially when whatever the person is lying about has nothing to do with them.
I can understand being appalled by someone talking about the death of a loved one, thats just morally wrong and that person will end up regretting that themselves.
But why is it such a big deal that someone on the internet tell a lie? What does it do to YOU?
If someone sits here and says "I live in a huge house and I have lots of money".  Does it really matter if they are lying? 

I can understand if you are friends with someone online and after months or years of talking you find out they are liars.  But if you read something online, you never talked to or met and never will meet the person who wrote it, why does it matter whether they lied or not?

I have been called a liar, I could care less if people on the internet beleive me.  For all I know half the people that say anything are crazy fat guys just trying to get their rocks off.
I dont care. 
If someone says they won the lottery or their husband lost their job, or they got kicked out of their house, I really dont care if they are lying.  Their life has nothing to do with me.

Again I am sure that everyone on the internet has lied about something, and really what kind of person puts everything out there and gives all the information about a situation online?
EVERYONE leaves something out or fabricates something at some time.
Its the internet...people lie...get over it.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coug7099
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:36 PM

So you are not going into investigative mode when I tell you I just won $100 gazillion in the lottery? WTH? Why not?

bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:36 PM

not even gonna touch this one...

alotta_fagina
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I still don't lie, even on the internet. if anything, i'm more honest on here.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I never lie. Ever.

graciebsgranny
by Angie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:39 PM

hell sometimes i lie in real life!

Dark_Rain
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:39 PM

You mean your not going to beleive I'm rich with 6 kids and live in a mansion with my super model husband, a buttler, a nanny and a live in maid? Well damn, there goes that friggin story.

flowers-scene-alice-in-wonderland-2010-1.gif picture by Dolphin_03

R0X
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:40 PM

....so, you're trying to tell us that you're really an 87 year old man?

(kidding)

;)

If your inability to handle the truth makes me a bitch, well.... I can live with that. 

MomX04
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:40 PM

It's because of this that my husband won't allow me to post any pictures of our family here.  There is no way to really trust anyone here.  I have a few pictures up on facebook and my husband wants me to take those down.  I have those pictures up because I have family and friends there and it's the only way to really communicate with them.  Beyond that nothing, I'm not willing to take the risk.  I don't go around assuming that everyone here is lying but we have all seen it at least once or twice when someone has got busted cause other seen through their lies.

Phenomemom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Sure, there are some weirdos. But, I'd like to think that most people are fairly normal and have no reason to lie on the web. That may just be me trying to see the good in everything though. LOL.

"My e-dick is huge, don't mess."

-The funniest thing ever said to me on CM. And she was serious.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:41 PM

LOL smh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)