Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just made.....

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:40 PM
  • 4 Replies

The best chili in the crockpot!  I got inspiration from Elli Kreiger on the foodnetwork.  -I used her basic recipe, but changed some things b/c I couldn't fins some stuff at the grocery store and she did hers on the stove.  Here is my recipe:

• 1lb lean hamburger
  • 2 carrots
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 sm to med onion (I ended up using red onion b/c that's what I had on hand and it was great)
  • 1 lrg can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 pkt chili seasoning (mccormak regular chili seasoning)
  • 1 can chopped green chilis
  • 1 regular sized can of each: kidney beans, pinto beans, and black beans (rinsed and drained)
  • 2 cups of water

Brown the hamburger and add onion, pepper and carrots.  Cook until veggies are tender but still have a little bite to them.  Dump in the crockpot and add remaining ingredients.  Mix well and cook on high for 3-4 hours.

This is so good and good for you!  Her recipe calls for cumin, oregano and chipolte and adobo.  I couldn't find chipolte and adobo at all.  Then I walked by the seasoning packets and decided to use that.  I just cut back on the salt that I added.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Missi_B
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:41 PM
Sounds yummy but way to freaking hot here for chili. 103 degree and chili don't mix :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommytoNandA
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:45 PM

LOL, yeah it's hot here too.  Not that hot though!

Quoting Missi_B:

Sounds yummy but way to freaking hot here for chili. 103 degree and chili don't mix :)

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Mmm, I can't wait until the late fall when it's cool enough for chili again! (it's 100 here right now)

mom23boys679
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:36 PM

That sounds so, so good. I'm going to add it on my recipe list for this fall. I don't eat hamburger meat though, so I'll probably get ground turkey or something instead. Can't wait to eat it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)