• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too much amniotic fluid and preterm labor

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:47 PM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone ever had this happen?? Did u deliver early or ontime??

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I started getting Braxton Hicks early because I had excess fluid.  At 30 weeks I measured at 42.  I was huge, lol.  I ended up having a c-section at 30 weeks because of pre-eclampsia.  Well, I had to have my daughter at 30 weeks because of pre-e, but the c-section was because I had a lot of extra fluid.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

MaeHamMomma
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:56 PM

It is called polyhydrominiosis and yes I had it, yes he was early but he had other medical issues as well.

It can be rather painful, I hope your not dealing with this. Hugs if you are.

xcrystallyn05x
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM

I had a whole lot of amniotic fluid as well but only delivered a week early, I was measuring about 40 weeks at 30 weeks as well, I was huge and on the morning he was born my water just broke no contractions or anything lol but I had a c-section after about 12hrs of labor and do to he was a big baby and fetal distress, but I wasn't really that early just a week

SOB0313
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM

well right now my BP is fine and they gave me medicine to reduce it but they dont think its gonna keep it down. All together i was measuring with 30 of fluid and when they discharged me i was 25.

MaeHamMomma
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Oh I am sorry! I know it can be stressful. I got up to 87. It was painful to even wear a shirt. We tried removing some fluid but it just came back. I went to the doctor a lot.

Quoting SOB0313:

well right now my BP is fine and they gave me medicine to reduce it but they dont think its gonna keep it down. All together i was measuring with 30 of fluid and when they discharged me i was 25.

SOB0313
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:12 PM

im honeslty am so uncomfortable. i cannot stand it.

SOB0313
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:42 PM

The dr gave me this medicine called indomethacin. Its supposed to stop the contractions and reduce some of the fluid. It makes me even more dizzy and uncomfortable

coleysmama
by Lisa on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:49 PM

I had too much fluid also (polyhydramnios). At the beginning of five months I looked like late 7 months. At 7 months everyone thought I was over due and having twins even though I would explain why I was sooo huge...lol. 

I was going to have a c-section at 38 weeks because the doctor didn't want me going into labor spontaneously to prevent prolapsed cord and also due to severe hernias that I had.

I ended up having an early c-section at 34 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia.

SOB0313
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 10:22 AM

i dont think i can deal with this for another month. i can hardly breathe as it is.

ashandryzmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 10:28 AM
I had this with my son. I was induced (my choice) 2 days after my due date and everything was fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)