Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get that damn Meebo box thingy to stop popping up on my screen?!?!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

I haven't been on CM in ages but since I've been back, that annoying chat box thingy will not stay down off my screen! I click the close box. It closes..and pops up about 30 seconds later. I put that I'm not online and close it. Pops back up within 1 monute saying I'm available. I want this thing to go away!!

Anyone know how to make it dissapear for good?!?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nmeyer617
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I don't know but I sure would be interested to know the answer so I am going to bump this post. It annoys the crap out of me too!!!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Hi, to disable the Meebo feature, click on "Privacy + Settings." You'll be asked to log in again for privacy's sake, so do that, and then click on "Privacy & Settings" on the left-hand side of the page. Scroll down to where it says "Show CafeMom Instant Messenger" and select "Never" from the dropdown menu. Then click "Save" and you shouldn't have that feature pop up again.

If you need any help with anything, please let us know. :)

TwistedxBeauty
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Stab it. Repeatedly. I like having it when I want to use it... but sometimes it just pops up on me too.. I'd rather that then all the pop up and expand adds lately, lol

chalisa0
by Kim on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Thanks for asking this.  It's been driving me crazy too.  And thanks to the admin for the fix!

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:52 PM

You can always turn it back on when you want to use it again, following the same steps the admin gave, just selecting "Always" rather than "Never." :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)